Extension Approval Time

zorroazul

Jan 15, 2023
Santo Domingo
Hi,

I'm trying to enquire about the estimated time it takes for a visa extension approval. At the point I'm stuck with my travel plans because the extension is still on sent and I can't make plans until it's approved. It's been roughly 5 to 7 working days and I had planned to go to Samana but until it's approved I can't setup transportation or an airbnb. If not approved I'd need to fly to Puerto rico. I'm giving it until next Friday before I buy a ticket.

I don't want an overstay stamp on my passport because I plan to visit other countries. Any suggestions to expedite or am I over thinking the process.

Thank you. Take care

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
There will be no "overstay" stamp on your passport. You can overstay as long as you wish, pay a small fee upon leaving the country at the airport and thats it.
A friend of mine left the country a week ago after "overstaying" 3 years.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Hi,

I'm trying to enquire about the estimated time it takes for a visa extension approval. At the point I'm stuck with my travel plans because the extension is still on sent and I can't make plans until it's approved. It's been roughly 5 to 7 working days and I had planned to go to Samana but until it's approved I can't setup transportation or an airbnb. If not approved I'd need to fly to Puerto rico. I'm giving it until next Friday before I buy a ticket.

I don't want an overstay stamp on my passport because I plan to visit other countries. Any suggestions to expedite or am I over thinking the process.

Thank you. Take care
Which country are you from?
Americans and Canadians to not require a visa for the purpose of tourism here in the Dominican Republic.