Family Gym in Sosua

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Can' find it in Search (what a surprise). I'm looking for two things:

1) Their phone number
2) Anyone know if Zumba is still going on and what days/times please.

Thanks so much.

Ro

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks all. Used to belong, going back on Monday. Like the classes!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Update. Went to the gym today and joined. 500 pesos for one month, 1000 for 3 months. What a deal! They have aerobics 3 times a week, Wed and Fri Zumba by one person (paid privately) and Zumba on Saturday included in membership. All classes are at 8 am for 1 hour. Just in case anyone is interested...

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Ha ha. Upstairs, where the classes are - fans only. My experience with air conditioning is that after 5 minutes it's like there's no air conditioning!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
not sure, don't use the downstairs; but I'd guess not as the entry door is always open.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
With ac you are able to work more effectively. I go to work the muscle group. No offense but sweating has nothiong to do with it except to dirty the equipment. Many people are not hygenic and leave the benches drenched. Oftentimes tourists who come here from cold climates do not realize they need to shower and use deodorant every day. Without ac it can get pretty ripe and very distracting. I bring lysol for the benches and equipment handles. I am a tad germaphobic. Lots of unpleasant stuff grows in this temperature and humidity. Even though it has no ac the best gym for my money and style of working is the American Gym in PP. Even tho there is no ac they have a good fan system that keeps it comfortable on all but the hottest days. In Sosua its Platinums and Sosua Ocean Village. Last two have ac although Platinums is kinda chaeap about keeping it cold and closes too much. Sosua Ocean Village is a bit pricey but the view is excellent if you like to look out the window on the treadmill. The gym at the end of Pedro Clisante had really low ceilings which makes me feel like I am back in the dungeon plus no ac. In sosua there also is Golden Park is the other economic option but the equipment is really old and I worry that with heavy poundage it will fail. In fact I cut my hand when a bolt sheared off on one of the leg exercise machines. No ac and not enough fans last time I visited (8 months ago). Heard there were new owners so maybe its better now. I did not hijack the post but I got carried away

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The ac reduces the humidity and lowers the temperature. Himidity is the killer. Even with fans you still have to deal with the humidity. A lot of sweating does not mean you are working out effectively and its just water loss. High humidity you sweat like hell.
The other thing is going home in soaking wet clothes. Sosua Ocean Village and Platinums have good hot showers. Golden Park has cold water

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
platinums is the only place I have been cold here and I was supposed to be working out lol

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
MDs is exactly right but it requires more moral fibet than I possess to leave a warm bed and a hot wife for the the gym. I usually make it by mid afternoon.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Update: Confirming there is NO air conditioning at the Family Gym, only fans.