fast track for retirees w/proof of income???

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
aww, thanks, boys. but seriously, no need to dish on "poor" expats. some live here because they would not be able to make the ends meet back home.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
aww, thanks, boys. but seriously, no need to dish on "poor" expats. some live here because they would not be able to make the ends meet back home.

True, but can they get residency now if they don't already have it? It seems that poor expats without residency are going to have problems since they will not be able to meet the residency requirements.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I'm certainly not bitching about spending 6 months of the year in the DR, I was simply stating that its "strictly" a banana republic. I find it funny the pathetic losers who hang around Steve's Bar in Cortecito refer to their whores as their "girlfriends".
The 'deluded" retired expat, 98% of the trash here.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
True, but can they get residency now if they don't already have it? It seems that poor expats without residency are going to have problems since they will not be able to meet the residency requirements.

i think after the 17th we will see whether the DR government is going to made some adjustments. not only in cases of poorer pensioners but also retired sugar cane workers, snowbirds and other folks who did not fit into existing residency plans.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I'm certainly not bitching about spending 6 months of the year in the DR, I was simply stating that its "strictly" a banana republic. I find it funny the pathetic losers who hang around Steve's Bar in Cortecito refer to their whores as their "girlfriends".
The 'deluded" retired expat, 98% of the trash here.

Tango, forgive me , I forget..... you got residency as i remember.

When and how .... what category.

I did it in 2008.... $5,000 US in the bank and I was on my way.... no medical until last year and the renewals were 2 yrs.

Owning a car gets you in if I read it right...... these days.....dunno

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
residency used to be easy. i got mine in 2006, very simple. now it sucks.

edk0514

Mar 15, 2008
Does anyone know if the residency process can be started at the Dominican Embassy in Puerto Rico,,,or will i have to go to the Embassy in Washington DC ?

I have called the P.R. office 8 times.....and can not talk to a live person. I also sent 2 e-mails with no response.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
since i avoid to mingle with expats at all, Life on the Isle is very good.
Residency been as easy as it could be(a while ago, but back in da day so many Expats did the same as they do today, they complained about the "so many requirements and complicated process etc etc).
some would simply starve to dead in front of a nice plate of hot soup, just because they have no Spoon to eat it.
Chic baby,
once you reach adulthood in some more years, get yourself a nice DR Chic at a carwash, marry her, bring a few hundred K's of greenbucks to deposit on a DR account, and wuuuush, you have your fast track

Mike

do you have to deposit $ here as in "large" or is better to have your "monthly" put in??

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i always wondered....i try to hold on to mine...$ use it pay bills etc...no one gives it to me...save some hide some invest....etc... women ,it seems once they start getting money from a source...like a paycheck with no work behind it...spend it all...??? my mom was different...very rarely broke...saw the lite at the tunnel end...saved shopped well spent well