favorite bachata songs?

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Greetings to all fellow Dominicans & DR lovers!
New to the site but came across this thread containing some of the best bachata's out there and I'm compelled to seek the advice from such a knowledgeable pool of people concerning a song I've never been able to find! I was in Punta Cana staying at the Secrets Excellence Resort back at the turn of the New Year in 2004 and there was a song that the employees not only always listened to by the pool and danced to in the evening, but that was even played by the Hotel over their own PA system soundtrack.

So it's a bachata I'm guessing from 2003 or earlier and the lyrics go like:
"No puedo vivir, no quiero sentir, me puede vivir no quiero morir"

I'm not sure that's exactly right but the chorus and/or the verses repeat over and over the "No puedo, no quiero, me puedo, no quiero" part. So it's pretty unmistakable

I know this thread's a bit old but if anyone could help it'd make my year! Cheers

Lots of bachatas with these words.
Could be Raulin Rodriguez ''No puedo vivir sin ella'' a 5 minutes and a half bachata. It's on the C.D. ''Soledad''
It contains a lot of ''Ay no puedo vivir! ay yo me voy a morir!'' It repeats and repeats '' no puedo vivir sin ella''

Stiggity

Dec 3, 2010
I'll be damned if that's not it.... it's so hard to tell but it def puts me back in the pool, tappin' to that beat! I think you're right about the chorus... so close but the staff gave me those exact words to look up to find the song.... hmm

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Ll?mame - Raul?n?s 2010 production

Has anyone seen an original copy of Raul?n?s release this year? Supposedly his new cd titled Ll?mame was released in April, however, I have yet to see it anywhere for sale not even in private Latin music shops. This is very strange as Raul?n has always had renowned producers of his albums namely Pl?tano Records and J & N Records but this album seems to be a mystery with sample songs on line on you tube but no credible evidence of an album. If anyone knows anything please advise. I would like to buy it and not anything bootleg.

This album (see below) was his last official release in late 2008 on the J & N Record label. However, this year?s album is nowhere to be found.

14y4v8m.jpg

Parece mentira, 2008 - highly recommended cd for bachata fans

-MP.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
xmixdj.jpg

Perhaps someone can ask him on 30/12?

I have Llamame....never mind where I got it.

Stiggity

Dec 3, 2010
La Mariposa -

Is there a version of the song I'm looking for with a duet? Cause I think one I heard in the DR was a duet

May 29, 2006
I used to be a big fan of Raulin, but he's completely lost his roots; the synth drums and keyboards aren't helping.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i generally hate all bachata, merengue and salsa but occasionally i may hear a song or two that i like. not sure about music genre as i cannot differ between thrww of the above.

in any case, the songs i like:
"princessa" frank reyes
"conteo regresivo" gilberto santa rosa
"te pido perdon" toto bambino

not sure there is any bachata among the above...

Bernard Jean-Pierre

Oct 31, 2010
Sooooooooooooo many....

Teodoro Reyes - Lindas Palabritas, Vuelve Con Tu Papa, Que Me La Pegue

Juan Bautista - El Caballo Blanco

Anthony Santos - Esa Me La Doy Yo, Ay! No Te Vayas, Consejo de Padre, La Parcela, Soy Un Chi Chi, Quiero Una Noche, Antologia de Caricias, Un Muerto Vivo, Eres Linda,......basically like every song he has ever made. lol

Frank Reyes - Una Hembra Con Ella (Merengue), Cuando Seas Mia, Me Gustas, Nada de Nada, Que Mujer Tan Linda (not sure of the name but it is one his early early songs - sounds almost totally acoustic).

Marino Perez - El Quejaito, Ay Mami, Ay Morena Ay Bendito

Joe Veras - Asi Mismo Es, Doctora, La Envidia No Mata, Se Muere Una Vez

Soooo many.......

Bahoruco

Jun 24, 2011
Best bachatas - with links to the songs

My personal choice, more chosen for the melody then the lyrics.