favorite thing about DR

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
here's a question. what is everyone's favorite thing about dr. me personally besides santiago being the best city in all of hispaniola i like the way people live simple yet happy lives down there just the atmosphere of the whole country. of course it does have its up and downs but so does every thing else.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
My neighbor popping in tonight just to tell me that she had a bad person at her hair salon today ... and I have to be on the lookout and be very careful.
My favorite - Absolutely the people! And the fruit and vegetables ;)

skyblue

Mar 20, 2006
the people, the food, the music, the weather, the beer, the beach, and the laid back way of the entire country

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
Definitely the ex pats that are so giving, and make the best of it while you're there. teaching of heritage and try to keep you out of trouble. I've been very fortunate to know very nice people that live there.... and they really makes you feel welcome.

But it comes from the owners of this site to make it happen.;) ;) ;) ;)

joseinoa

Jan 20, 2005
i also forgot to mention. las cabanas. compared to motels in the states they are like 5 star resorts.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
The locals, expats and being able to live on this great island with my gorgeous wife and dog. tom

Jostan

Jun 17, 2006
I like that its so surprising every time, you never know what's gonna happen next. I love the complete chaos (chaos in a good way, even though sometimes it can be bad too)

And I love the people being so sponteneous

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
joseinoa said:
here's a question. what is everyone's favorite thing about dr. me personally besides santiago being the best city in all of hispaniola i like the way people live simple yet happy lives down there just the atmosphere of the whole country. of course it does have its up and downs but so does every thing else.
I agree, santiago being the best thing in DR. In order to know santiago well, you have to be living here. My friend from mexico (used to live in santiago) is here and I can't even take him out even if I wanted to. he doesn't care for the beach, he loves it here.
AZB

momita

May 17, 2006
joseinoa said:
here's a question. what is everyone's favorite thing about dr.

My favorite thing about Dominican Republic.Hmmm...let me....Ooo yes I know!!!!
DR1 FORUM is my favorite thing about DR

But seriously...with my very little experience about DR I can say there is no one favorite thing.You just love DR or not.

xxxmomita