Ferry service resumed between San Juan and Santo Domingo

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Ferries-del-Caribe-Listin-Diario-e1605494432286.jpeg

Ferries del Caribe resumed travel between Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic as of Monday, 1 February 2021. Passengers need to undergo maritime travel protocols.

“There is a real need in the market to keep these services available between the two countries, particularly for the frequent traveler,” commented Nestor Gonzalez, Ferries del Caribe president.

“It’s amazing how the cost of airfares went up so soon as our service was discontinued,” he added.

Her thanked the different entities and government officials who supported their restart of operations.

Ferries del Caribe has transported more than two million passengers between both destinations in its 23 years offering the service.

All passengers must have a negative Covid-19 test (PCR or antigen) performed within 72 hours of arrival before entering Puerto Rico.

The Puerto Rico Department of...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: JD Jones

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
"All passengers must have a negative Covid-19 test (PCR or antigen) performed within 72 hours of arrival before entering Puerto Rico."

I love Azua

Dec 3, 2011
leaves SD 7:00 pm arrives 8:00 am next day. 13 hour trip. In the past I've taken it 4 times, great fun!!

Aug 21, 2007
Is there anything to do on the ferry? That is a long overnight trip! How much does it cost? Where is the dock?

I love Azua

Dec 3, 2011

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Is there anything to do on the ferry? That is a long overnight trip! How much does it cost? Where is the dock?
I don’t know if it’s still the case but I remember reading they bought an old DFDS ferry from the Scandinavian routes and it still had Danish, Swedish and Norwegian signs. I was on them as a kid from Denmark to Norway and from Denmark to England. For kids it was always fun with game rooms and cinemas and live music. Only transport ferries to England now.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I don’t know if it’s still the case but I remember reading they bought an old DFDS ferry from the Scandinavian routes and it still had Danish, Swedish and Norwegian signs. I was on them as a kid from Denmark to Norway and from Denmark to England. For kids it was always fun with game rooms and cinemas and live music. Only transport ferries to England now.
There is food all night, there is live music, draws, ....etc. https://www.ferriesdelcaribe.com/

pinonuevo

Dec 7, 2020
Roman