Few students and teachers show up for restart of in-person learning in public schools

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Estudiantes-baja-asistencia-Paso-a-Paso-Twitter-e1641998787400.jpg

Despite a poor showing of students at public schools, the Ministry of Education estimated at 36% the return to classes on 11 January 2022 in public schools nationwide. The Ministry says that traditionally first day attendance is at 28 to 38%.

The Public School Teachers Association (ADP) president, Eduardo Hidalgo has called for teachers to not attend due to the spread of the Omicron variant nationwide. Hidalgo recommends that teachers wait for the end of the month to see if the conditions are again appropriate for in-person learning.

The Ministry of Education says that all educational centers had received the biosecurity kits for the prevention of Covid-19.

“Guaranteeing the sacred right of students to their education is a responsibility that the Ministry of Education cannot decline, because it is a right whose materialization must always...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Are these people stupid or what. They tell the parents (me) NOT TO SEND THIER KIDS TO SCHOOL and now they are reporting that only 36 percent showed up. Make up your mind , do you want them in class or not.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
Are these people stupid or what. They tell the parents (me) NOT TO SEND THIER KIDS TO SCHOOL and now they are reporting that only 36 percent showed up. Make up your mind , do you want them in class or not.
it depends on the local teacher mafiosa

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Do you not have a WhatsApp channel for your child's class? We received our notifications Sunday evening. They are sending the kids from here assignments via WhatsApp this week.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Do you not have a WhatsApp channel for your child's class? We received our notifications Sunday evening. They are sending the kids from here assignments via WhatsApp this week.
yes I am set up with WhatsApp. Friday they said they were waiting on a decision. Monday all day the same. around 7 pm they finally said "no school the next day for this week" conditions for next week are being evaluated all this week. I expect a decision on Sunday night.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Teachers who refuse to teach should be fined for not showing up. If after being fined they still do not come to work, fire them.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Teachers who refuse to teach should be fined for not showing up. If after being fined they still do not come to work, fire them.
In the public schools it's my experience they basically take direction from the school administrator in a robotic fashion. Besides, you know the labor laws here would make that sort of drastic action extremely difficult.

Reactions: CristoRey