Figueroa Indictment

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I bet there are much more Billions of Drug Money involved in the USA Economy than in the small DR Economy, and in case of Corruption on ALL SIDES, it is the same present there, or do You think the Narcotraffickers can ship Cargo Ship and Planeloads of the stuff to american Soil without the lil 'Help' of officials there?

that specially this year 2010 so many officials, up to highest Ranks in Navy, Army, Airforce, Police including the Police's Special Drug Forces DNCD got caught and brought to Justice is IMHO a very positive thing, show's that the Gubmint is moving on the matter.
and in latest cases they did not just catch some small delivery Boys to hang publically while the Big Dogs run free, it looks like some are out there doing their job right.
which Country could you name running it's Matters so perfect and corruption free that they could point their dirty fingers on the DR?

Mike

Right Mike!

I'll even take it a step further. The drug related problems in the Dominican Republic as well as Colombia, Mexico and much of the Caribbean and Central/ South America is a direct result of the US drug problem.

Think about it. If I can ride through a neighborhood and spot the dealers how come the cops can't. Poor kids with little education and fewer job prospects are catching 5 year prison sentences for dealing dime bags while the guys in the suits who handle the logistics of importing metric tons are playing golf with the same judges who sentenced those kids. Every once in awhile some cop will become disgruntled (Frank Serpico) or some high level supplier will get pinched (Frank Lucas) and it will result in the revelation that whole police divisions (NYPD) are actively supporting the drug trade.

In the argument between expanding interdiction vs. decriminalization there is no doubt in my mind that the expansion of the impotent interdiction programs will always win out because there's tons and tons of money in it for cops, judges, district attorneys, defense attorneys and other types of criminals on both sides of the "Law and Order" business.

If the US would decriminalize narcotic and non narcotic drugs, place importing, refining and distribution under the purview of the FDA and enforcement under the purview of ATF and let the pharmaceutical companies compete for the profits here's what would happen:

. The US would see an immediate drop in drug related crimes as prices would drop significantly.

. Organized crime in both the growing and transit countries would be immediately defunded. They would no longer be able to afford police, politicians, etc. and would go back to being petty thieves, getting caught and doing time and politicians, cops and judges could get back to the business of establishing orderly societies with safe and productive citizens.

. Organized crime and affiliated street gang activity in the US would vaporize. The communities which have been ravaged by drugs (all poor) will be the centers for drug treatment and awareness education. These communities will have a chance to recover as decent (albeit modest) places to raise children. They will provide the model for community recovery in all the areas of the developing world that have been decimated by the illegal drug trade.

. Drug addicts will have to register to buy drugs. They will be identified for voluntary training and treatment.

. Rule of Law will once again be possible in Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican Republic and dozens of other countries where drugs have created millions of truly innocent victims.

. (I think most importantly) The taxation of the import and sale of these drugs (taxed just like alcohol) will produce a sort of "peace dividend" which will be more than enough to fund drug education, treatment and code enforcement. The biggest problem with a Trillion dollar (annual) criminal industry is that there's no way to tax it. That means that interdiction, adjudication and incarceration have to be funded by the sweat off the brows of honest, hard working people who are the ultimate victims of this criminal activity. It's a win-win for the criminals and their co-conspirators in the Law and Order business and a kick in the pants for the taxpayers.

The current expansion of interdiction methodology is unsustainable and is turning the power of government over to organized criminals. The many crusading "do-right" politicians, cops, judges, etc who stand up to these criminals are being mowed down, dragged from their homes, beaten, tortured and murdered and we can only sit and watch like it's some kind of nightmare "reality TV" series. This has got to be stopped!

.....but it will never happen because there's no profit in it for the people who currently author legislation and enforce the law. Don't even get me started on the prison industry which has spent the past two decades moving to privatize as a "for profit" endeavor...:tired:

Last edited:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
why not to stop that the corrupt judges and police and militaries and private druglords can spend their Money?
simply ask for any Big Purchase/Luxury Vehicles/Houses/Properties etc for the proof where the money comes from, they can't proof it, so they get the bucks taken away. stop to allow that there are Bank Accounts existing without a clear link to a Person, and who has big Bucks there without ever a reasonable Income for such amount to be had, take the bucks away.
The legalization of Alcohol did completely fail, the same People will fail on Legal Drugs, making people the same sick as Alcohol does and bringing Families/The whole Society the same Misery as Alcohol does.
all our democratic Countries Laws allow the Big Shots to possess and spend the Big Money made out of the Drugtrades and received as Bribes.
Don't let them spend that money.
but such would of course make many Men poor who are Today's very Rich, wearing white collors and maintain high positions everywhere.

and anyways Legalization would not shut down any Black Market, there will still be a large part of the Population seeking for their sniff or shot who would legally not be entitled to get a Gubmint served Drug High, such as Minors and the ones who will not subscribe to any List or Program b'c they live in the shades/may be looked for by the Police for other stuff.
and there will still be the Poor who commit Crimes b'c they can not efford the daily Fix b'c they simply do not have the money for that, doesn't matter how cheap the Gubmint wanna make their Citizens legally high.
the Minors who are allowed to Drive a Car will still have a way to get illegally for some extra bucks their Alcohol to party and they still will take all those Dirty Pills when Partying in some Fancy Clubs, when handed out under the Gubmint's supervision there will always be a way for some extra hand outs, fixing some papers to not show the real amount given to a subscribed Junkie to have some left at the end of the Day to sell to the ones who didn't get it legally, there will still be money involved, Billions$$$, so there will still be Persons corrupted for the extra Buck.

IMHO the everywhere discussed Legalizations of some Drugs will not solve anything of the present Problems related to drugs, it will not make a today corrupt Cop or Attorney or Judge or Politician a Nice Guy who will then on live just of His "Regular salary", I do not believe in the success on any of those points, it is born to be the same Failure.

Mike

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
As has been discussed in other threads on the topic, clearly the US is responsible for the failed drug war. I agree with greydread it will never be allowed to end because it is so profitable. We will just see a symbolic few caught and changed out like a dirty pair of socks only to see them replaced by others that will become corrupted. Wash, rinse and repeat. Prohibition does not work.
It'll end when gubmint deficit bonds lose their market, not just in the US but elsewhere. The US isn't the only "user" country on the planet.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
I bet there are much more Billions of Drug Money involved in the USA Economy than in the small DR Economy, and in case of Corruption on ALL SIDES, it is the same present there, or do You think the Narcotraffickers can ship Cargo Ship and Planeloads of the stuff to american Soil without the lil 'Help' of officials there?

that specially this year 2010 so many officials, up to highest Ranks in Navy, Army, Airforce, Police including the Police's Special Drug Forces DNCD got caught and brought to Justice is IMHO a very positive thing, show's that the Gubmint is moving on the matter.
and in latest cases they did not just catch some small delivery Boys to hang publically while the Big Dogs run free, it looks like some are out there doing their job right.
which Country could you name running it's Matters so perfect and corruption free that they could point their dirty fingers on the DR?

Mike

Mike I respect you posts, value your experience & opinions but they're becoming harder & harder to read because when we're discussing problems in the Dominican Republic you find it necessary to blame the United States in some form every single time. Why the latent hatred of United States & of Americans? Why not let the DR accept some responsibility for their actions & address them instead of constantly shifting the blame to the United States?

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008

Mike

Mike I respect you posts, value your experience & opinions but your latent hatred of the United States makes your posts less credible. I can't recall a single thread where the problems of the DR are mentioned that you don't race in to blame the United States & Americans. It's so......Dominican of you. Why not let the DR accept some responsibility for their actions & let them address those issues instead of constantly making excuses & shifting the blame to the United States?

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Didn't the US Ambassador come out in November blasting the DR about the money laundering?

Was he full of....err..."misinformation?"

Yes he did. Robert also posted last year that he had a tour of Santo Domingo with a US Embassy guide who pointed out all the torres that they don't allow their people to live in because drug money is behind them. Robert is full of misinformation as well apparently.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
no Mason,
I sure do not hate US Americans or their Country, even that I am in Huge Disagreement with many of their Gubmint activities since decades, but I am not in full agreement on every crap my homecountry's Gubmint/Germany or their European Union is doing/deciding/behaving.
I spent more than 6 years of my own Life in the USA and have more friends there than I have back in Germany.
why I mention the US often when commenting on DR related Crap such as for example Drugs has the simple Reason that as a matter of Fact the Behaviors up North on such Themes effect Us down heer directly, it is all directly related to each others.
a simple Example:
If the USA would stop to "allow" Tons of Drugs to be shipped to their Soil on Daily bases, there would not be any Transit Drug Trafficking for those products down here on Paradise Island.
IF the Big Bro Up North would get it's position on the Narcotics straight, then there would not be any sense in transsitting anything through our Country and corrupt our Poor's.
but the USA allows all those Drug Big Shots to spend their Money there, to own all the sweet luxuries of live, and it is NOT A USA SPECIFIC THINGY, they are NOT the Only Ones, but they are the ones who have the very most influence on our Island Life on such things.
Freeze down all the money up there which is not the result of any legal Tax Report, don't let them buy Villas and Cars etc etc etc, money not prooved to be clean should be taken away, but as in so many other countries, also in the USA that would mean that half of their Congress/Senate etc etc etc would be in Jail over night for assets not legally owned.

We let the Traffickers Transit through, YES,
but is it Our Fault that the Destin Countries up North and in Europe have such Large Demand on the shipped Products and let them in due their own coorupt High Ranks so Freely and in largest ammounts?
the Wars on Drugs fully failed when they started to blame Others than the consumers Themselves, when they started to burn the Fields in Colombia and mess in Transit Countries such as Mexico and Dr etc etc.
close Your corrupt own Borders and the Traffickers would not have any market.
but the reality is much more simple:
the Big Shots of Druglords play Golf with Senators and Presidents and Queens and Primeministers, and in fact None of those cares a damn where the Bucks come from which pay for their Sweet lil extra luxuries.

Mike

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Mike, I agree with you. I'm from the US & understand it's the largest mafia around. That doesn't change the fact that the DR has some of it's own problems though & really have nothing to do with the United States. For example, under Balaguer we didn't have this type of drug trafficking in the DR & the United States was consuming more drugs then than they are now. Again, there's no doubt who the end of the line consumers are (United States & Europe), it just doesn't excuse the corruption & violence currently going on in the Dominican Republic. My .02, peace.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
of course We are corrupt,
no doubt on that and nobody down here deny's such,
we have highest Ranking Militaries who get caught and sentenced for such CRIMINAL activities.
and there are of course much more out there to catch and shot or sentence, by my own agenda they should anyways just hang on the Tree at a City's Park, but heck, the Law say's they get a Trial and go to Jail only.
so when the Big Brothers start to Sentence/"Hang" some Big Dogs?
I never heard about such, and that's what make's the whole Thingy a ""Movement"", the Guilty big ones wanna blame the few small ones and finally wanna come out of it clean,
Heck, I bet some of today's Big Dogs will be the Ones who make even more money with their Pharamaceutical Shares at Wall Street Once the big Bro's legalized the stuff and produce the same shi$$ due their Pharmaceutical Tax Paying Legalized Ow Companies.
You will not take the Ferraris away,
not even the big USA would ever Dare to show the Wolrd's Public Where the Real Bad Boys are located/Playing their Golf/Buying their Ferraris/how to pay their Luxury Chics, it would be a Scandal for some ""Good Ole Money Families"" running in the public as the "Examples of good behavior".

Mike

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Figueroa Agosta is scheduled to be released tomorrow, after serving only part of his 30 year sentence. Apparently he’s willing to name names. Probably some concerned people in DR.

“Para el ajuste de la sentencia de los 30 años de cárcel, Figueroa Agosto acordó la entrega de inmuebles y la delación de nombres de figuras ligadas al narcotráfico en República Dominicana, Puerto Rico, Colombia, México y Venezuela.”

Any possibility this has a connection to Maduro?

https://elnacional.com.do/narco-figueroa-agosto-saldria-libre-manana-tras-otro-acuerdo-de-delacion/

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Figueroa Agosta is scheduled to be released tomorrow, after serving only part of his 30 year sentence. Apparently he’s willing to name names. Probably some concerned people in DR.

“Para el ajuste de la sentencia de los 30 años de cárcel, Figueroa Agosto acordó la entrega de inmuebles y la delación de nombres de figuras ligadas al narcotráfico en República Dominicana, Puerto Rico, Colombia, México y Venezuela.”

https://elnacional.com.do/narco-figueroa-agosto-saldria-libre-manana-tras-otro-acuerdo-de-delacion/
Absolutely. Great call. The full weight of the US Government behind the 15 indictments of top Venezuelan officials. An incredible case.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Absolutely. Great call. The full weight of the US Government behind the 15 indictments of top Venezuelan officials. An incredible case.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

...Yes an incredible case..do you think Oil has anything to do with it?

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
...Yes an incredible case..do you think Oil has anything to do with it?
Could be but mostly about smuggling 300 metric tons of cocaine from Columbia through Venezuela up into Central America then into the US over the last 20 years.

The oddest thing is the US sprung the case during the Pandemic. Was it to deflect from what is going on now with the handling of the Pandemic? Tge timing is wild.

US gets most of its oil from Canada then the Saudis. South American oil imports are a very low percentage.

It sounds like Maduro and his cronies would steal and loot and extort any commodity that was not nailed down.

This Dominican narco guy sang like a bird. Don't ya think?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004

Now watch for who scrambles away from the light...

Yes, I would bet this is related to the US indictments.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Right Mike!

I'll even take it a step further. The drug related problems in the Dominican Republic as well as Colombia, Mexico and much of the Caribbean and Central/ South America is a direct result of the US drug problem.:

Man how often do we have to hear that it's the US fault ?
How about Canada - huge meth & crack problem
Europe too - which is an even more lucrative market because of higher prices because of smuggling distance.
Not to mention tons of these drugs are sold in the Caribbean and throughout Latin America including Puerto Rico which has a higher percentage of addicts than the US - just drive around Santurce in San Juan and try not to run over one stumbling in the road.

Does the US have a large issue, yes particularly the big cities, but like everywhere their are people willing to get high. My drug of choice is Barcelo

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
Could be but mostly about smuggling 300 metric tons of cocaine from Columbia through Venezuela up into Central America then into the US over the last 20 years.

The oddest thing is the US sprung the case during the Pandemic. Was it to deflect from what is going on now with the handling of the Pandemic? Tge timing is wild.

US gets most of its oil from Canada then the Saudis. South American oil imports are a very low percentage.

It sounds like Maduro and his cronies would steal and loot and extort any commodity that was not nailed down.

The USA has been suppling itself with oil for a number of years now..Venezuela has the largest oil reserves in the world, that is the most still in the ground, even more than Saudi Arabia.. But as Madero found out it was easier to transport cocaine from South America than to rebuild the oil industry...

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

The resident "experts" never cease to amaze with erroneous information. José Figueroa Agosto is not Dominican.
He's Puerto Rican.

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
The resident "experts" never cease to amaze with erroneous information. José Figueroa Agosto is not Dominican.
He's Puerto Rican.
An obvious missfire, Knobby

Dominican on the mind ya know.

Excellent catch though oh yee of mustard seed intellect.