RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
vy9vlw.jpg

Now doesn't that look inviting!!!!!!!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Ellie Mae

That's a name you don't hear often in DR.... or bubba, or kathy sue, or billy bob, or cletus... if you did, though, they'd probably be eatin' them some grits (a two syllable word properly pronounced "gree-its" for those not blessed to be born in the U.S. south)

Last edited:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Red Neck and proud of it.

vy9vlw.jpg

Now doesn't that look inviting!!!!!!!

those are badly over cooked, now put some real butter on there cover them up with a couple of overeasy eggs, with some bacon and sausage on the side. 2 pieces of toast, with apple butter.

dang chip now you got it going

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Now to find the catfish & hushpuppies to go with it... ;)

El Tigre said:
Don't forget the collard greens!

You silly Yankees...;)

Catfish, hushpuppies and collard greens* do not go with grits.

Grits is breakfast food. Grits go with:

eggs, over easy in bacon grease
country ham
sausage gravy
patty sausage, like Jimmy Dean's
thick-sliced smoked bacon
buttermilk bisquits

Proper grits are served with a lake of butter and redeye gravy (drippings from country ham cooked in the skillet) in the middle.

Y'all need some good ol' Southern edumacation.;)

God's food, one and all...;)

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004
THIS is a real breakfast (redeye gravy in the bowl):

5925.jpg

Mmmmm...mmm :cheeky:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Yeah, BABY, with a side of biscuits and gravy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I gotta go back to the states..

Chip, where did you find them?

I got them at a supermarket called El Tesoro near the Union Medica on JP Duarte. The brand is Goya and is labled "Harina de maize gruesa". It is yellow instead of white but tastes the same to me.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
You silly Yankees...;)

Catfish, hushpuppies and collard greens do not go with grits.

I'm from Georgia, cobraboy.
Collard greens & catfish no... but grits? that combination's good enough to make you wanna slap yo' granny.

Do a quick google "catfish hushpuppies grits" and see what comes up. Things like "Kingsland, Georgia to browse over 100 arts and crafts/antiques and collectibles exhibits, sample the foods of nearly 30 different food vendors, and, of course, sit down to enjoy farm-raised Southern Fried Catfish, hushpuppies, grits, coleslaw, and sweetened iced tea."

Y'all need some good ol' Southern edumacation.
Maybe need a refresher course? ;)

anyhow, gotta go see a man 'bout a dog.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Collard greens & catfish no... but grits? that combination's good enough to make you wanna slap yo' granny.

Do a quick google "catfish hushpuppies grits" and see what comes up. Things like "Kingsland, Georgia to browse over 100 arts and crafts/antiques and collectibles exhibits, sample the foods of nearly 30 different food vendors, and, of course, sit down to enjoy farm-raised Southern Fried Catfish, hushpuppies, grits, coleslaw, and sweetened iced tea."

I wil say it for you CB

Now you know why they burnt Atlanta CFA123, they had already been through the proper south, and knew how they were supposed to be fixed.
Grits and eggs. sausage, bacon, ham biscuits, an redeye gravy. youser

cobraboy

Jul 24, 2004

Georgia boy here, too, Atlanta.

You old enough to remember a local restaurant chain around Atlanta called Rio Vista? All the catfish and fried chicken you could eat?

Sweetened iced tea, yessir, with a lot of lemons on the side...;)

y0maris

Feb 18, 2007
i LOVE grits, indeed...anyone who's tried them ONCE and didn't like them, probably didn't have the right ones!