Firearms, 10mm

Sep 19, 2005
I alays thought it was legal to bring the ammo in my checked luggage and have never given it a 2nd thought, I would advise everyone heed Pichardo's advise on this, He seems more knowledgeable on this topic than all of us put together. Thank God I have met a few influential people in my trips to DR! :)

well what the us airports let you pack and carry has nothing to do with what is ACTUALLY legal in the DR...Fernandez issues an ammunition ban a few years ago...

stuff gets in of course, because people look the other way for firneds or bribes.

BUT in a strictly legal sense, unless the president has lifted the ban...you cannot bring in ammo.

My firend has a gun store in Santiago and he has shipments that are being held by the goverment...

that is the reason the ammo prices went through the roof and have tripled

guys who are sending crates into the DR are getting by with some stuff...if they send enough the few that get snagged are part of the cost.

I gave a guy two garbage cans of once fired AA shotgun hulls and he shipped them along with the powder and primers, and wads...apparently they are making their own shot there...for bird hunting.

I took a box of 9 mm ammo into Santiago airport. the TSA had opened the flashlight i had hidden them in and let them spill all over the suitcase...but they left there in the case...luckily they were not Xraying incoming luggage!!!!

I doubt you would get in trouble...they would just be happy to take it from you..

bad bob

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
I gave a guy two garbage cans of once fired AA shotgun hulls and he shipped them along with the powder and primers, and wads...apparently they are making their own shot there...for bird hunting.
bad bob

Reload your own ammo! it is not illegal to do so. as long as you dont Sell it. you can ship the gun powder, Brass and Primers and the tools needed Like: Reloading Press, Calipers, melting pots, Scale, and The lead to Cast the bullets! Just not the Bullet or the whole Round. When i was bought My high power clone The range where i got my certification from Was Using Lead Casted Reloads, And a few of the Gentlemen i was Bieng tested with also Do it. is a good Way to Get custom loads for Your piece. Get the Right ammount of penetration with the right ammount of recoil for your weapon with your personalzed Rounds! But i think that becoming a member of the poligono is a still a good bet! Plus they also Offer Maintanence of your firearm and any repairs That have to be done to them Will be very Cheap!