First Time Temporary Residency with New Rules

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Sorry to hear what you have gone through, and also sorry to say I have heard many stories like yours. Good luck and keep going until you get what you want/need.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The nice part about renewing each year for 4 years is you don't have to go through the medical each year and then returning.

It took 3 hours today to get the cedula and residency , traveling to 2 different offices, and each year for the next 4 years could cost $300 - $ 500 per year if you use an attorney.

I will always pay the attorney as you go to the front of the line much quicker.

One lady was still waiting for 3 hours and when i returned and I was out of there in 20 minutes and she was still sitting there, so if you have nothing better to do all day and want to save money do it yourself...some has to so we can go faster.

Funny event at immigration today....An older man was walking around with a bible the size of a deck of playing cards and was mumbling jibberish and I paid no attention until a man all dressed in black started kicking him 3 or 4 times.

The national police show up and the man in black pulls out his Yarmulke ( Beanie cap )

The whole place was in laughter for 10 minutes.

Feb 7, 2007
Mike I, what documentation did you provide for your renewal of the temporary residence? I guess the notarized guarantee was one of them, and the buena conducta the second one... what else? Any of the birth/certificate/foreign police record/etc stuff?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike I, what documentation did you provide for your renewal of the temporary residence? I guess the notarized guarantee was one of them, and the buena conducta the second one... what else? Any of the birth/certificate/foreign police record/etc stuff?

This was not a renewal it was my first Cedula and the new rules is what I was posting .

Everything you mentioned is what I needed to obtain to get the cedual and residency card I recieved today.

Then every year for the next 4 years you need to renew the cedula / residency but no more of the other requirements are necesarry like blood test , hair color , meausre penis size etc.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I was told that the first renewal of temporary residency that very little is required, however, for the 2nd renewal it's like the beginning again and all paperwork is required. Can anyone who has renewed more than once in the new rules confirm, deny, or go into detail?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I will always pay the attorney as you go to the front of the line much quicker.
I don't mind paying for that convenience. Just call me and tell me where I need to be, and go to the front of the line.

sgtjosephmiller

Jan 7, 2012
get married to a Dominican its right away, pay someone off or special permission from the head of the jce or the president of Dominican republic lol.