Fiscal in Sosua Cabello shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
I heard a from a co-worker of mine that the former Fiscal of Sosua, now in Puerta Plata, was shot and killed last night. Possibly in a gun fight with a cop. The radio reported that he killed a police officer and then a police officer killed him.
Can anyone substantiate this?

Johanfitz

Nov 17, 2006
What's realy going on?

There is a lot more to this then meets the eye.[ Strictly my opinion]
I live next to the la Cenega, and hear nightly gun battles. Not caused by road rage, or domestic violence. What I hear is. It's a common problem, and when the bullets start flying all these poor, and innocent people have to hit the floor, or even go under their beds.
Now, a Fiscal has been killed. [ by the police ] Something is way out of control, and if the PRESIDENT does not get a QUICK handle on it. This beautiful country, and it's beautiful people, and those of us guests who live here. are going to see a very drastic change in life style.
Again this is just my opinion, and I am only sharing a bit of what I think. Any one who has been here a while can read between the lines, and should be aware of the coming change.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
My girlfriend just talked with her parents this morning and they say everything is on lock down as a result of this killing. Her brother's high school graduation that was scheduled for this weekend has been postponed/cancelled. They say the sentiment is that the police are happy that Ceballos is dead as he interfered with their ability to take bribes from drug dealers.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
There is a lot more to this then meets the eye.[ Strictly my opinion]
I live next to the la Cenega, and hear nightly gun battles. Not caused by road rage, or domestic violence. What I hear is. It's a common problem, and when the bullets start flying all these poor, and innocent people have to hit the floor, or even go under their beds.
Now, a Fiscal has been killed. [ by the police ] Something is way out of control, and if the PRESIDENT does not get a QUICK handle on it. This beautiful country, and it's beautiful people, and those of us guests who live here. are going to see a very drastic change in life style.
Again this is just my opinion, and I am only sharing a bit of what I think. Any one who has been here a while can read between the lines, and should be aware of the coming change.
Assuming the reported info is correct, I see this quite differently.
According to the editorial, the POP fiscal was being investigated for his complicity in the drug trade, and was shot during his arrest.
From my humble point of view, this is a step in the right direction.
The fact that he resisted arrest and got shot is incidental.
The fact that the government would be taking steps to arrest corrupt officials, is fantastic, as I said, assuming the reports are accurate.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
My girlfriend just talked with her parents this morning and they say everything is on lock down as a result of this killing. Her brother's high school graduation that was scheduled for this weekend has been postponed/cancelled. They say the sentiment is that the police are happy that Ceballos is dead as he interfered with their ability to take bribes from drug dealers.
That's interesting, as I hear similar rumours.
So are the rumours true, that he was shot for his anti-drug stance, or for his complicity?

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
That's interesting, as I hear similar rumours.
So are the rumours true, that he was shot for his anti-drug stance, or for his complicity?
Could be both, not unheard of for a dirty prosecutor to be dealing with one hand while prosecuting the competition with the other.

Johanfitz

Nov 17, 2006
Yes, I can see that as a possibility. But to think what we read [repot] from our trusted servants is fact. For get it. john

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Would it make sense to move this thread to the living or general sections? More people who are interested and who live in the DR would see it. - D

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Dead Certain

I was told that the fiscal was not killed in his home as the newspaper report stated but in the street.
His car was said to have more than 40 bullet holes.

Rumour or fact?

m'frog

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I was told that the fiscal was not killed in his home as the newspaper report stated but in the street.
His car was said to have more than 40 bullet holes.

Rumour or fact?

m'frog
That is certainly the concensus of the DSominican National papers.

Don't expect Dominican Today to get it right as they have often been proved to be wrong! Rerettably they do not seem to do any investigative journalism before posting what they have heard or transcribe straight form other papers with BAD English translations. ~ Grahame.

Johanfitz

Nov 17, 2006
Acording to an employee of mine who lives two doors from him in Sosua A Bajo. He was killed in his car close to his home. Surrounded by two cars. This couldn't be an ambush could it?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Acording to an employee of mine who lives two doors from him in Sosua A Bajo. He was killed in his car close to his home. Surrounded by two cars. This couldn't be an ambush could it?

I heard the same story from someone close to him. I heard he was cut off and shot immediately.

james

Jan 14, 2002
An employee of mine also lives close to the house also and say family told him they saw the vehicle and it was riddled with 40 to 50 bullets holes. Of coarse there is a great tendency in this situations that each time the story is repeated it grows bigger.

Johanfitz

Nov 17, 2006
.All of this back, and forth makes for good, and interesting reading. This said.
I revert back to my original post.
The Country needs desperately to address this very serious problem of drugs. Organized, by the unorganized. All of us will be effected

Status
Not open for further replies.