Fiscalia

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
Does one have to pay to take a prestamo personal to fiscalia for non payment or dispute?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
As in loaning a person money and they don't pay you back?

If that's the case, it's a long, rough road and you'll pay lots and it's doubtful you'll get anything,

It's been said on here many times that most folks here consider a loan to be a gift that doesn't have to be repaid.

I've lost count of the persons I know who has loaned money to someone who doesn't have any source of income to pay it back.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I have never heard of anyone having to pay a fiscalia to file a complaint, however, having anything done about collecting on a personal loan is another thing, that's why most prestamistas get collateral like title to a moto when they make the loan. If you at least have a contract, give it a try. Nothing to lose but your time.

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
In this case i am being scammed by a ex family member with a phony I.O.U. . Just a piece of paper with no date no notary no witness signature. Just an amount and alleged signature from me. I never recieved any money from this person so i referred him to fiscalia.

Reactions: JD Jones

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
In this case i am being scammed by a ex family member with a phony I.O.U. . Just a piece of paper with no date no notary no witness signature. Just an amount and alleged signature from me. I never recieved any money from this person so i referred him to fiscalia.
The first thing you need is a good local lawyer to go with you to the fiscal. You will get nowhere on your own...................

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Is it common occurence for dominicans to falsely make up charges against forieners to get them arrested?
Depends on the person however it's worth preparing yourself for a fight as the old ways (connected to a local political scumbag) of swiddling foreigners are still pervassive in some parts of this country.

Reactions: jaxter

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
You might want to talk to the fiscalia first. In my experience they try to mediate first. But it takes nothing for a dominican to get a warrant for arrest against anyone. They just make a false statement and when you see the judge he lets you go pending any new information determined in next few months. No recourse here for false statements.

Reactions: jaxter

jaxter

Aug 24, 2012
You might want to talk to the fiscalia first. In my experience they try to mediate first. But it takes nothing for a dominican to get a warrant for arrest against anyone. They just make a false statement and when you see the judge he lets you go pending any new information determined in next few months. No recourse here for false statements.
Thank You all for answering my questions, have a nice day.

Reactions: Johnny P