FITUR Madrid was a big success for DR

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
David-Collado-Fitur-Listin-Diario-1024x679.png

The Ministry of Tourism described as a big success this year’s participation in the 18-22 January 2023 International Tourism Fair (FITUR) in Madrid, Spain. “It was a rousing success for the country and validated the effort and expenditures to create a most attractive stand, considered by many to be the most visited in the entire fair,” the Ministry of Tourism reports.

Investors, tour operators and future tourists congregated at the two-story booth. As reported, the list of people there on opening day read like a Who is Who with King Felipe VI and his consort cutting the ribbon and Dominican Vice President Raquel Peña, Tourism Minister David Collado, and the head of the Chamber of Deputies Alfredo Pacheco representing the Dominican Republic. This year several legislators were guests at the event.

Executives of the Banco Popular and Banco Reservas, banks that lead in...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Great news for the east coast but nothing mentioned in this report about the north coast, but we are used to that here! I know the government are doing a lot to promote the DR but it really is time that the north coast had some serious recognition. Just my opinion....

Reactions: drstock

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Great news for the east coast but nothing mentioned in this report about the north coast, but we are used to that here! I know the government are doing a lot to promote the DR but it really is time that the north coast had some serious recognition. Just my opinion....
Puerto Plata has been cleaned up a bit for the cruise passengers, but major tourist destinations of the past seem to have been largely forgotten - apart from the development of Sosua beach which in my opinion will not be an improvement. The town itself is still in a pretty bad state. Cabarete hasn't changed much over recent years apart for some excessively large developments, with more to come, which do nothing for the town. I guess they think that as these towns have fewer and fewer short-term tourists and more expats/snowbirds, there is no need to do anything. Or maybe they just want to develop new areas to keep the tourists away from the real people of the DR.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Why?