Flights to Europe

John Boyter

Coffee break
Jun 10, 2008
johnboyter.com
yes, that is exactly what it is.
I had already guests arriving that route.
they book BA but the flight is done by partnered Iberia, even that bookings show teh original BA flight number.
they arrive London-Madrid-St Dgo, a long journey and then I provide their private direct transfers to their respective Hotel in Punta Cana.
those are dozens of regular customers, visiting every year again near year's end and the general opinion within the guests is that they would not book Punta Cana/DR at all again for next year unless they can fly direct Manchester or London into PC Intl. without the layover in Spain and the transfer from Las Americas.
the UK may not be the biggest country of the planet, but there is a very significant clientel of regular PC Visitors from the UK, a clientel that built up very nicely over the last few years.
to loose on that specific part of the market would def be a significant loss for Punta Cana/DR
Wouldn’t the brits be better off going via Miami to Punta Cana ?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
BA has apparently decided not to cancel the PUJ route, at least as of now, and there are flights operating on 10th, 12th, 15th, 17th, 19th 22nd, 26th, 29th and 31st December, then 4 flights per week in January. This is all subject to change and we should know towards the end of next week if these dates are going to stick.

John Boyter

Coffee break
Jun 10, 2008
johnboyter.com
BA has apparently decided not to cancel the PUJ route, at least as of now, and there are flights operating on 10th, 12th, 15th, 17th, 19th 22nd, 26th, 29th and 31st December, then 4 flights per week in January. This is all subject to change and we should know towards the end of next week if these dates are going to stick.
I thought it was never coming back. What do you think changed their minds ?

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I thought it was never coming back. What do you think changed their minds ?

I think in truth they probably haven't decided yet whether they are going to come back or not. They are just waiting to see the loads and the profitability of the route, and I guess will take things as they come. The flights were blocked from sale for a while but have been available for sale again for a week or so now.