Flights to Europe

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I know we are a small group interested in this and therefore opening this separate thread. Its about any news of ways of flying from the DR directly to Europe. I am hearing best option right now is Iberia SDQ to Madrid. But will that route not be influenced by the EU travel policies. Of course there will always be the option of repatriation via the US Miami or New York but even during normal times traveling via the US is a bit of a hassle.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
There is a edelweiss/swiss flight from Punta Cana to Zurich------ hopefully i am on it.

Also iberia from SDQ, but quite fully booked ( there was 2 buisness seats left when i phoned thursday ).

AA from STI starts on the 7th----- says they.

From the info i got from embassies ----- confusing at it is ----- today, the 4th ( arrival on the 5th in europe ) is the last day before the shit list kicks in. The US and the DR are on that small, small list : obligation to self isolate on arrival.

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Punta Cana airport is completely empty......
Punta Cana is the biggest airport for the European flights. So there is only the Edelweiss to Zürich right now from Punta Cana. The Iberia flight to Madrid is from Santo Domingo. Not many options to Europe. Maybe Air France SD to Paris.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
There is a edelweiss/swiss flight from Punta Cana to Zurich------ hopefully i am on it.

Also iberia from SDQ, but quite fully booked ( there was 2 buisness seats left when i phoned thursday ).

AA from STI starts on the 7th----- says they.

From the info i got from embassies ----- confusing at it is ----- today, the 4th ( arrival on the 5th in europe ) is the last day before the shit list kicks in. The US and the DR are on that small, small list : obligation to self isolate on arrival.
Whats the “shit list” ?

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
make sure DR passengers are allowed in

EU is NOT allowing US passengers... to arrive
That means Europeans in the DR are still in the “Repatriation Program”. We can only go back to our country of origin. The UK does not have the travel ban on DR but quarantine I think. My plan is to travel November but I am beginning to think things will not necessarily be back to normal even then.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
But no planes any more - is what I hear
I was debating that with a Dominican-Spanish woman the other day. If the DR is on a list where Dominicans cant fly to the EU or maybe it even means someone flying from the DR and residing here. Then there is no basis for any flights really meaning no more Iberia SD to Madrid. Not sure. Schweiz of course is not in the EU and the UK is not if they restart Punta Cana to Gatwick.

habi

Oct 17, 2015
I was debating that with a Dominican-Spanish woman the other day. If the DR is on a list where Dominicans cant fly to the EU or maybe it even means someone flying from the DR and residing here. Then there is no basis for any flights really meaning no more Iberia SD to Madrid. Not sure. Schweiz of course is not in the EU and the UK is not if they restart Punta Cana to Gatwick.

Switzerland is demanding 10 days of self quarantine when you arrive from DR from Monday 6, on... :(:(

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I am glad there is some interest in this topic and to share info. Looks like travel between Europe and the DR is getting even more complicated. Will this carry on into the fall and maybe even to the end of the year I wonder.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Looks like travel between Europe and the DR is getting even more complicated. Will this carry on into the fall and maybe even to the end of the year I wonder.

It appears to be so... Condor used to have many flights from POP, SDQ and PUJ many times a week to FRA and MUC as well as Eurowings to various placed in Germany, but as I see it now, nothing until October, and that only from PUJ... Flights with any stops are out of the question with two kids in tow... Things in terms of direct flights between Europe and the DR was not looking good before the pandemic, and now I imagine things won't go to better either...

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Captain's Log, Stardate 04 July, 1927hrs.

An Iberia flight from Madrid (MAD) just arrived in Santo Domingo (SDQ).
No further EUROPEAN aircraft activity within RD airspace as of this entry.

Reactions: aarhus

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Captain's Log, Stardate 04 July, 1927hrs.

An Iberia flight from Madrid (MAD) just arrived in Santo Domingo (SDQ).
No further EUROPEAN aircraft activity within RD airspace as of this entry.
Thanks for info

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Anyone know about how Evelop from PUJ to MAD is?
I never heard of this airline. Just looked them up and supposedly they are flying now in July Madrid to Punta Cana. Will be interesting to see.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
No troubles.
It was flight #IB6501. If you need more information, check with the airline, if interested.
Eventually I will check with airlines. AA, BA and Iberia are together in One World and I have used AA and BA. From Madrid I would try and continue with BA. But these reports are good Caonabo because we know from other thread how we have to see it to believe it with flights in these times.

Reactions: Caonabo