Flights to Europe

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Just arrived in the UK via MIA. The flights were totally painless. SDQ-MIA was about half full. Middle seats empty and no service at all during the flight so bring your own drinks / snacks. MIA-LHR was very comfortable. A 300 plus seat plane with about 100 pax on board. Two meals served. No extra drinks or duty free service.

Transit through MIA was a breeze. My case was checked all the way to London so didn't have to collect and take it through customs. And for me it was the first time I've used the Digital passport / visa scanners so there was no queue through immigration at all.

All in all, a very nice flight experience. Both legs with AA.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Just arrived in the UK via MIA. The flights were totally painless. SDQ-MIA was about half full. Middle seats empty and no service at all during the flight so bring your own drinks / snacks. MIA-LHR was very comfortable. A 300 plus seat plane with about 100 pax on board. Two meals served. No extra drinks or duty free service.

Transit through MIA was a breeze. My case was checked all the way to London so didn't have to collect and take it through customs. And for me it was the first time I've used the Digital passport / visa scanners so there was no queue through immigration at all.

That's interesting, I thought all flights to the UK from the Americas were cancelled apart from flights from Uruguay. That is what the UK authorities were saying last week, get really confusing

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003

Have you any idea how you'll get back or not thinking that far ahead at present?

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Ah OK welcome back beeza
I mean technically immigration wise. I am also booking so I go all the way to Denmark. From DR where I am a legal resident SD - Miami - Heathrow and then Billund, Denmark where I am a citizen.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
It wasn't a repatriation flight. It was a scheduled flight booked on the BA website operated as a codeshare with AA aircraft. There was Americans on board. The only restriction being that the UK government insists on 14 days self isolation on arrival into the UK for visitors from countries not on the safe list. DR and USA are not on that list.

Normally I would have had to self isolate, but I am on the list of essential professions and am exempt. Although I am doing the decent thing and keeping myself indoors and away from other people at the moment.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
That explains why Tui and BA are not taking tourists to Punta Cana, I saw on Tui website yesterday that they won't take tourists to countries where you have to quarantine when you get back, it would mean tourists would have to take 4 weeks off work for a 2 week holiday.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
That explains why Tui and BA are not taking tourists to Punta Cana, I saw on Tui website yesterday that they won't take tourists to countries where you have to quarantine when you get back, it would mean tourists would have to take 4 weeks off work for a 2 week holiday.

Yes- I read the article where TUI said that..... no quarantine countries

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Since my BA flight from Gatwick to Punta Cana was cancelled we have been able to transfer to the Iberia flights - Heathrow-Madrid-Santo Domingo at the end of July for the same price, no need for a refund and to start again. Apparently there is some link between Iberia and BA. I don't know if it will fly and photos of the airport in Santo Domingo and lack of social distancing are alarming, but that's the latest from me.

Reactions: aarhus

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Since my BA flight from Gatwick to Punta Cana was cancelled we have been able to transfer to the Iberia flights - Heathrow-Madrid-Santo Domingo at the end of July for the same price, no need for a refund and to start again. Apparently there is some link between Iberia and BA. I don't know if it will fly and photos of the airport in Santo Domingo and lack of social distancing are alarming, but that's the latest from me.
BA and Iberia have merged, hope your fliight goes ahead as booked. Enjoy!

Reactions: Linda Stapleton

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I relocated from SD to a Playa area until I fly to Europe. I am booked in September SD - Miami - Heathrow, London - Billund, Denmark. AA - AA - BA. First two legs around 700 and last leg paid with points. Billund is in Jutland Denmark and I then get picked up by family and go to Aarhus where I am from.