Flushing toilet paper

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
It will fill up very fast if the liquids have no place to go.

Oh but there is. Inside the tank is a vertical pipe that acts as an overflow drain. As the liquid rises above the opening of this pipe, it flows into that drain and goes wherever - to a gravel bed, to a river, to the neighbors...

Theoretically no pumping needed until the holding tank is full of solids sludge.

jimbobo

Feb 9, 2014
Are you able to flush toilet paper in the more modern buildings in Santiago and The Capital? I'm in a brand new Building in Santiago . It's 7 stories. Ive never thought to ask. I have family visiting and they are appalled at the thought of putting paper in the trash... lol.

I'll call the office in the morning, I was just hoping to get a quick answer here.

I never had problems flushing toiletpaper. I do sometimes have to brake the fruit in half though, because most of the time it won't flush down in its original form, or it wil pop back up again. When you brake it in half you should first flush the lower half and secondflush the other half, otherwise you could end up in a messy situation.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
They usually recommend pumping a tank when it's 1/3 full of solids. Suspended solids take a while to settle and the less water you have in the tank the higher the concentration of suspended solids and the probability of them getting into the drain field and plugging it up.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I never had problems flushing toiletpaper. I do sometimes have to brake the fruit in half though, because most of the time it won't flush down in its original form, or it wil pop back up again. When you brake it in half you should first flush the lower half and secondflush the other half, otherwise you could end up in a messy situation.

Last week it was a thread about what a chica said on Whatsapp.
This week its a thread about what we do after we wipe our *ss?
For better or worse, DR1 is definitely changing.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

Wait, what.... You flush your fruit? Or is "flushing your fruit" a euphemism? Messy indeed.

This has become a crappy thread.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
That thing you people call a baffle was called a distribution box when i took the plumbers exam. septic systems have not changed over the ages. they don't do leaching fields here, so what would be the need for a distribution box ?

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
That thing you people call a baffle was called a distribution box when i took the plumbers exam. septic systems have not changed over the ages. they don't do leaching fields here, so what would be the need for a distribution box ?

Sorry, I most Certainly was NOT referring to the Distribution box ..

here us a link with a diagram and clear explanation... of a " Baffle" or " T Inlet "
It is the INLET into the Septic tank..
https://inspectapedia.com/septic/Septic_Tank_Tees.php

And here is a DISTRIBUTION BOX , you refer to ..

https://inspectapedia.com/septic/Septic_D-Box.php

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

I have a three chamber septic at my house in Jarabacoa with the last filled with carbon. My parents in Canada is a pressure system that supposedly you could drink the water coming out the far end.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Manually ?

If one day we meet, all I will think about is how you break your fruit in half.

Exit of this thread

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Africaida perhaps this is the fruit!! Not really my family!!

My family poops big. Maybe it's genetic, maybe it's our diet, but everyone births giant logs of crap. If anyone has laid a mega-poop, you know that sometimes it won't flush. It lays across the hole in the bottom of the bowl and the vortex of draining water merely gives it a spin as it mocks you.
Growing up, this was a common enough occurrence that our family had a poop knife. It was an old rusty kitchen knife that hung on a nail in the laundry room, only to be used for that purpose. It was normal to walk through the hallway and have someone call out "hey, can you get me the poop knife"?
I thought it was standard kit. You have your plunger, your toilet brush, and your poop knife.

Fast forward to 22. It's been a day or two between poops and I'm over at my friend's house. My friend was the local dealer and always had 'guests' over, because you can't buy weed without sitting on your ass and sampling it for an hour. I excuse myself and lay a gigantic turd. I look down and see that it's a sideways one, so I crack the door and call out for my friend. He arrives and I ask him for his poop knife.
"My what?"
Your poop knife, I say. I need to use it. Please.
"Wtf is a poop knife?"
Obviously he has one, but maybe he calls it by a more delicate name. A fecal cleaver? A Dung divider? A guano glaive? I explain what it is I want and why I want it.
He starts giggling. Then laughing. Then lots of people start laughing. It turns out, the music stopped and everyone heard my pleas through the door. It also turns out that none of them had poop knives, it was just my ****ed up family with their ****ed up bowels. FML.
And the best part is when his wife got to know about it!

I told this to my wife last night, who was amused and horrified at the same time. It turns out that she did not know what a poop knife was and had been using the old rusty knife hanging in the utility closet as a basic utility knife. Thankfully she didn't cook with it, but used it to open Amazon boxes.
She will be getting her own utility knife now.
[Edit: Common question - Why was this not in the bathroom instead of the laundry room? Answer. We only had one poop knife, and the laundry room was central to all three bathrooms. I have no idea why we didn't have three poop knives. All I know is that we didn't. We had the one. Possibly because my father was notoriously cheap about the weirdest things. So yes, we shared our poop knife.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Not sure I want to be part of this thread any longer
, as it has gone completely off the Rails.

But it is Halloween, so i guess anything goes today

lmao....

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
Last week it was a thread about what a chica said on Whatsapp.
This week its a thread about what we do after we wipe our *ss?
For better or worse, DR1 is definitely changing.

Yes, please post another one Of your PN abusing Thier authority clips and get us back on track...

Sep 4, 2012
I have a three chamber septic at my house in Jarabacoa with the last filled with carbon. My parents in Canada is a pressure system that supposedly you could drink the water coming out the far end.

Have at it Bob, drink on -- all yours.

BTW, 3 chambers are an over-kill

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006

Good segue. Drinking water.

I use the Big Berkey in the States and run tap water thru it. Excellent taste and much better for you. And I bought them for all my kids and grand babies. An economical way to get clean safe drinking water.

I use it in the DR and run bottled water thru it. Get one and try the taste difference.

Big_Berkey_Recent1_grande.jpg

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Yes, please post another one Of your PN abusing Thier authority clips and get us back on track...

Not trying to take this thread off topic but if you don't like me stating
facts about those corrupt SOBs, tough sh*t. Some of you so called "men"
are more sensitive than a women's clitoris. If you can't take the heat,
stay out the kitchen.

Last edited:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
ROFLMAO

Africaida perhaps this is the fruit!! Not really my family!!

My family poops big. Maybe it's genetic, maybe it's our diet, but everyone births giant logs of crap. If anyone has laid a mega-poop, you know that sometimes it won't flush. It lays across the hole in the bottom of the bowl and the vortex of draining water merely gives it a spin as it mocks you.
Growing up, this was a common enough occurrence that our family had a poop knife. It was an old rusty kitchen knife that hung on a nail in the laundry room, only to be used for that purpose. It was normal to walk through the hallway and have someone call out "hey, can you get me the poop knife"?
I thought it was standard kit. You have your plunger, your toilet brush, and your poop knife.

Fast forward to 22. It's been a day or two between poops and I'm over at my friend's house. My friend was the local dealer and always had 'guests' over, because you can't buy weed without sitting on your ass and sampling it for an hour. I excuse myself and lay a gigantic turd. I look down and see that it's a sideways one, so I crack the door and call out for my friend. He arrives and I ask him for his poop knife.
"My what?"
Your poop knife, I say. I need to use it. Please.
"Wtf is a poop knife?"
Obviously he has one, but maybe he calls it by a more delicate name. A fecal cleaver? A Dung divider? A guano glaive? I explain what it is I want and why I want it.
He starts giggling. Then laughing. Then lots of people start laughing. It turns out, the music stopped and everyone heard my pleas through the door. It also turns out that none of them had poop knives, it was just my ****ed up family with their ****ed up bowels. FML.
And the best part is when his wife got to know about it!

I told this to my wife last night, who was amused and horrified at the same time. It turns out that she did not know what a poop knife was and had been using the old rusty knife hanging in the utility closet as a basic utility knife. Thankfully she didn't cook with it, but used it to open Amazon boxes.
She will be getting her own utility knife now.
[Edit: Common question - Why was this not in the bathroom instead of the laundry room? Answer. We only had one poop knife, and the laundry room was central to all three bathrooms. I have no idea why we didn't have three poop knives. All I know is that we didn't. We had the one. Possibly because my father was notoriously cheap about the weirdest things. So yes, we shared our poop knife.

BienAmor this post is a classic !!

ccz2u.gif

Thanks for the laugh :D

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
Not trying to take this thread off topic but if you don't like me stating
facts about those corrupt SOBs, tough sh*t. Some of you so called "men"
are more sensitive than a women's clitoris. If you can't take the heat,
stay out the kitchen.

There is only one post in this thread that reeks of "MANstration." You are the one who took the topic off thread, and got his panties in a bunch when a comment was thrown back at you. I could careless what anyone post here about PN or anything for that matter. I was the one who started the thread your refering too!!! But when you throw shots, expect return fire. Now get back in the kitchen where it's more comfortable for you (it's too hot for me) ... and go make me a sammich. Lol

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
BienAmor this post is a classic !!

ccz2u.gif

Thanks for the laugh :D

@ bienamor how did i miss that post. A classic piece of shyte post. too funny, way too funny. I would call you out and say you full of it, but like they say you can't make this stuff up. bienamor just curious but how many tons of TP a year did your family use?