Flushing toilet paper

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Well this thread does one thing... prove some Are more full of sh*t more then others ;)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
The mystery remains

@ bienamor how did i miss that post. A classic piece of shyte post. too funny, way too funny. I would call you out and say you full of it, but like they say you can't make this stuff up. bienamor just curious but how many tons of TP a year did your family use?

I believe it !!! My 10 yr-old son is guilty of it, since he is been a toddler. I swear it is impressive, I even showed it to friends :cheeky: His dad and I expressed our concerns to his pediatrician, who laughed at us (personally, I was worried that it would be painful, but I underestimated our stretching capacity).

There you have it BienAmor, it is NOT genetic. I lean towards diet, since my son can out-eat everyone of us any day of the week, yet he is slim. He loves rice and eat it almost every day though.

Needless to say, I am buying that knife, I have been through quite a few plungers thanks to my son. I feel bad now because I have grounded him in the past, I just couldn't understand the systematic clogging! To get back on topic, I know how it feels to have a Dominican toilet. I never, but never considered Not flushing TP by the way and having a can next to the toilet. I find that disgusting and I confess that I secretly flush TP in DR (and other countries) :bandit:

You gotta love DR1 :D

Last edited:

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
@ bienamor how did i miss that post. A classic piece of shyte post. too funny, way too funny. I would call you out and say you full of it, but like they say you can't make this stuff up. bienamor just curious but how many tons of TP a year did your family use?

As I indicated bird not my family, but the kids do use a lot!

SomebodySmart

Oct 24, 2015
The first time I ever used the basket was 6 September 2018 and then only because Santiago hotel staff told me not to flush toilet paper because, as I could see, it caused problems.

Then there is the joke about the guy who stopped in a rest area and wound up plugging up the toilet. The attendant said, "Can't you read the sign?" https://goo.gl/maps/sYtvzyUPyBD2

Jan 7, 2016
When we first bought our condo on PC, the toilets were those low, Dominican-style, uncomfortable models. Didn't flush worth a damn. Constant clogs and complaints from the Administration (the wife). When we rented the place for a few times when we were in the States, one of the tenant's kids flushed a small teddy bear down the john in one of the banos. It never flushed right after that. Finally, I got smart and replaced both toilets with Kohler Brand Toilets from the U.S. and had the pipes snaked. Now when you flush: Douche-ka! The effluent goes all the way to Puerto Rico! Wa LA!

Don PISTOLAS

Mar 6, 2018
When we first bought our condo on PC, the toilets were those low, Dominican-style, uncomfortable models. Didn't flush worth a damn. Constant clogs and complaints from the Administration (the wife). When we rented the place for a few times when we were in the States, one of the tenant's kids flushed a small teddy bear down the john in one of the banos. It never flushed right after that. Finally, I got smart and replaced both toilets with Kohler Brand Toilets from the U.S. and had the pipes snaked. Now when you flush: Douche-ka! The effluent goes all the way to Puerto Rico! Wa LA!

Dislike on accident

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I used to own a house for 13 years with my now ex-wire and two kids that was on a septic system. Usually pumped out the septic tank about every four years. Never had a problem with the drain field.

Not sure how the "septic safe" toilet paper I use could bunch up since in a very short time it literally starts to fall apart("dissolves") in pieces. On the other hand, the Dominican toilet paper is like flushing a wad of newspaper down the toilet! It even feels like newspaper. Definitely can't use that stuff on a septic system!
That doesn’t make sense...I sell tissue rolls to most of the Dominican toilet paper converters and they all use the same tissue that’s used worldwide.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
That doesn’t make sense...I sell tissue rolls to most of the Dominican toilet paper converters and they all use the same tissue that’s used worldwide.

If you're talking about the big commercial sized rolls that are maybe a foot in diamenter that you see in most bar and restaurant bathroom - they do seem the same, but the rolls of toilet paper that are sold in grocery stores for home use are considerably different in texture and feel - especially the septic safe toilet paper.

Most of the cheaper brands are not much different than a "servilleta" that you get in many bars and restaurants. I once bought a roll at a colmado once was more like newspaper than tissue paper. If you check out "septic safe" toilet paper you'll see they actually do tests to see which brand is the fastest disssolving.

Charmin and Scott are the only brands that I've seen here that have septic safe toilet paper.

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
If you're talking about the big commercial sized rolls that are maybe a foot in diamenter that you see in most bar and restaurant bathroom - they do seem the same, but the rolls of toilet paper that are sold in grocery stores for home use are considerably different in texture and feel - especially the septic safe toilet paper.

Most of the cheaper brands are not much different than a "servilleta" that you get in many bars and restaurants. I once bought a roll at a colmado once was more like newspaper than tissue paper. If you check out "septic safe" toilet paper you'll see they actually do tests to see which brand is the fastest disssolving.
Charmin and Scott are the only brands that I've seen here that have septic safe toilet paper.

It’s because those foot longs rough as sand paper are for hand towels anywhere else in the world !

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002

Napkin Paper is a different kind of tissue than Bath (napkin shouldn’t dissolve easy while toilet paper should). The big converters (local brands like Cielo, níveo, but also the private label brands of The big supermarkets are 100% made of bath tissue. At the colmado or informal market you light come across toilet paper made of stock and job lots of tissue paper which might be anything. In the past there was a small tissue mill in San Cristobal who made a very dark grey cheap toilet paper (of recycled waste paper), that was even more like sand paper than newspaper. They went out of business. Scott has an imported product and a locally converted product, the latter being cheaper. In San Pedro there is a full tissue mill making their tissue paper from virgen pulp, converting it themselves to toilet paper rolls and selling the surplus of their tissue to local converters, good quality tissue.

By the way, the private labels are by far the most sold in the supermarkets , then Nigua’s and Termoenvases’ brands and the Kimberly Clark imported brands come way back.

What might make you notice a difference though with imported brands is the way they buff up the paper by embossing, more layers and laminations, which will make it notably more comfortable.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I notice the difference between the Scott brands imported from the US and those produced here locally and also between other local brands and imported ones like Charmin. I buy the local ones when Scott or Charmin isn't available. I think Scott and Charmin are the only two US brands I've seen here.

From what I've read online, the quality of tissue paper stock varies widely around the world. Most developing countries like the DR do not have the latest tissue paper extractors and technology.

There are a lot of variables that go into producing the final tissue paper stock like the quality and concentration of the pulp(some companies maintain their own tree stands to ensure the quality of tissue produced), long fiber chemicals, different resins and chemicals that are added to the pulp, and overall quality control during the extraction process.

The reduction of long fibers is what gives "septic safe" tissue it's rapidly dissolving quality. I haven't seen one brand produced in the DR that is septic safe(?).

Below is a link to Perini Journal. Perini is a leading manufacturer of tissue paper extracting machines and explains just how complex the whole process of manufacturing tissue paper really is.

From what I've read, it seems to me that the overall final quality of the tissue including, absorbency, tensile strenght, porosity, texture, and softness, can be much more attributed to the above previously mentioned factors rather than just embossing and the number of layers.

http://www.perinijournal.it/Items/e...ting-process-how-a-tissue-paper-machine-works

TotalBlondee

Dec 26, 2016
Not trying to take this thread off topic but if you don't like me stating
facts about those corrupt SOBs, tough sh*t. Some of you so called "men"
are more sensitive than a women's clitoris. If you can't take the heat,
stay out the kitchen.

Are your piles bothering you? They're very painful and we'll forgive you for being so bitchy if that's the case!

Last edited:

kg4jxt

Mar 28, 2014
You savages! Get a bidet attachment for your toilets! Clean your hiney THOROUGHLY and REFRESHINGLY with zero toilet paper.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Pimp your ass :)

You savages! Get a bidet attachment for your toilets! Clean your hiney THOROUGHLY and REFRESHINGLY with zero toilet paper.

I loved bidet attachment, until Japan. OMG, these toto toilets was 1 of the highlight of my trip (for some reasons flying and my stomach don't see eye to eye), when I landed in Japan, O the joy :cheeky:

Deodorizer, front & back/adjustable jet, music...........Who is the savage now ??!!

washlet-1.jpg

I want one for my birthday, they have them on Amazon :bandit:

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Yeagh, and some might even have a small CAMERA too, wifi and Bluetooth capable ... careful what you wish for ..
lol

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Are your piles bothering you? They're very painful and we'll forgive you for being so bitchy if that's the case!

No but from this day forward I'll be sure to think about you
while I'm wiping my *ss....
And just for the record NO I'm not trying to imply I think you
are a piece of sh*t as I would never say such a thing :cheeky: