For Sosua, AERODOM and ASHONORTE want family tourism

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
1614521965894.png

AERODOM and ASHONORTE want family tourism

Recently Carlos Rodolí Conde, Director of AERODOM (Responsible for the 6 major airports in the country) and Óscar Peralta of ASHONORTE (Hoteliers of the North Coast) visited Sosúa. They discussed the state of affairs regarding the development of nightlife in the Pedro Clisante with the municipal council. They also visited the Pedro Clisante so that they could get an impression of the latest developments there. They urged the city council to adhere to the policy between 2016 - 2020 to move nightlife to the far end of the Pedro Clisante. Sosúa should focus on the development of family tourism.​

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Want in one hand and :poop: in the other and see with fills up first.
You gotta make things happen in this universe.
They cannot just wave a magic wand 🪄 and think things are going to change.
The problem is zoning.
Or lack thereof...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
18 years and counting . I have Been coming here to Sosua. They will always be talking about nightlife and Family tourist. I wonder if it will every change in my life time.
Have you seen NO change in 19 years? None at all?

A border wall with Haiti discussed for years is announced and scheduled to start Mid 2021, A Cabarete bypass talked about for more than 20 years has started.

Perhaps 18 plus years of discussing improvements in family tourism to Sosua will happen. The East End may be "The Spot" for future nightlife.

Keep in mind Abinader has financial interests in the Cabarete/Sosua region.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Actually, if they move "nightlife" and are able to have family tourism then they have two income sources.
And they do not have to spend marketing money or build a reputation for the already established business in that area.

Pushing policies in the public sector to promote your private interests...
:unsure:

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Actually, if they move "nightlife" and are able to have family tourism then they have two income sources.
And they do not have to spend marketing money or build a reputation for the already established business in that area.

Pushing policies in the public sector to promote your private interests...
:unsure:
Is that not exactly what they did in Vegas?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Nan the Man

You're right- never thought of it that way..... La s Vegas

A tourist destination serving more then one type of tourism

I used to go often w/ my father - A BIG gambler...... back when gambling was the key attraction

He had a phone number where the answer was NEVER --No!

Gambling, good food, greatest entertainment on the US (free for us)....... and girls
Much different today...... morphed to include much more

Yes, Sosua would do well to copy some of that

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I personally do not see Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America as a bastion of family tourism.
Yes, there are many more things to do in Las Vegas than before.
But a destination for children...
Nah it don b dat.
👋

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
If they think moving a few bars to the end of PC is going to somehow encourage family tourism it won't. They will have to abolish the whole sex tourist crowd and the businesses which cater to them. Never going to happen as it employees to many locals. Better chance of seeing hell freeze over first so good luck with it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If they think moving a few bars to the end of PC is going to somehow encourage family tourism it won't. They will have to abolish the whole sex tourist crowd and the businesses which cater to them. Never going to happen as it employees to many locals. Better chance of seeing hell freeze over first so good luck with it.
The ones it employs are very mobile. On call, even. Never say never,

again.

CV19 delayed some displacement. Let's see what happens in a couple of years.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
maybe if they cut the landing fees in puerto plata they would attract more families . 700 bucks from fla is way too much

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Examples are above⬆️
If Sosua wants family tourism all they have to do is what Las Vegas did.
That and wave a magic wand🪄
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

jd_mine

Sep 24, 2003
IMO they shouldn't worry so much about the nightlife, but actually start doing something to make Sosua attractive to their desired family tourism.
As long as things are as they are now, there is literally nothing to attract family tourism.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
What is more disturbing than the Spandex Queens waddling in front of Rumbas is the proliferation of Chinese junk stores selling pure dog crap - disposable products with one sole purpose - line the pockets of unscrupulous Chinese who in turn abuse their Dominican employees.
Who wants to visit a Caribbean beach town with Beijing's advance economic shock troopers hawking inferior trinkets, which have absolutely no connection to the culture or history of the Dominican Republic? .

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
What is more disturbing than the Spandex Queens waddling in front of Rumbas is the proliferation of Chinese junk stores selling pure dog crap - disposable products with one sole purpose - line the pockets of unscrupulous Chinese who in turn abuse their Dominican employees.
Who wants to visit a Caribbean beach town with Beijing's advance economic shock troopers hawking inferior trinkets, which have absolutely no connection to the culture or history of the Dominican Republic? .
I'm starting to get the impression that you don't like the Chinese.