For the James Bond fans...

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If you haven't seen No Time to Die yet it's now streaming on Amazon. 6 bucks to rent, 20 to own.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
It's streaming somewhere else too you know.. without having to pay the extra 6 bucks

Hmm... now where could that be? LOL

Along with all of the other James Bond flicks, all the way back to Dr. No, the first of the series.

Reactions: gregvolt

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Hmm... now where could that be? LOL

Along with all of the other James Bond flicks, all the way back to Dr. No, the first of the series.
Kodi is your friend with addons like THE CREW and TheOath.
We have a Firestick, and we did try IPTV for about 6 months (not from Greg) because it had Dominican programming, but we didn’t use it for anything else because we couldn’t figure it out. It seemed cumbersome. I keep hearing Kodi but no clue how/who/where/etc. I need a personal tutor with a lot of patience 🤣🤣🤣

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
We have a Firestick, and we did try IPTV for about 6 months (not from Greg) because it had Dominican programming, but we didn’t use it for anything else because we couldn’t figure it out. It seemed cumbersome. I keep hearing Kodi but no clue how/who/where/etc. I need a personal tutor with a lot of patience 🤣🤣🤣
Can I ask what app you were using for IPTV? the app i usually recommend for my service has the look and feel comparable to using a cable box from verizon, comcast or optimum. very user intuitive. kodi, as I remember it, was not user friendly at all as you had to keep updating things to get it to keep working and also many developers would just stop developing their "packages" on kodi and the channel packages would die off.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Kodi is free, open-source software for viewing and managing video content. For viewing dominican TV you can side load onto your Firestick any of the many FREE dominican TV apps available on the android app store. I like and recommend Dominican TV by Desarollo RD. It lists about 120 dominican TV channel from all over the island with about 95% of them working at any given moment. Here is a screenshot of the main channel selection screen as viewed of my Firestick.
1655060116183.png

Reactions: AlterEgo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Can I ask what app you were using for IPTV? the app i usually recommend for my service has the look and feel comparable to using a cable box from verizon, comcast or optimum. very user intuitive. kodi, as I remember it, was not user friendly at all as you had to keep updating things to get it to keep working and also many developers would just stop developing their "packages" on kodi and the channel packages would die off.
We had Shack TV

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I'll interject here and mention I was using the BuzzTV app for selecting channels. Greg kept suggesting I use Tivi, and I finally went for it and love it.
The more I use it, the more I discover just how much it has to offer.

Reactions: gregvolt

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
I can agree that kodi is not arranged as a typical cable box but that is a far stretch to it being user unfriendly. It's just different but like anything in life once you get use to it, it is just fine and for me better in many respects. Everything available on paid IPTV streams is on kodi and much more for free.

The critique about "keep updating" is unfair. Tell me what piece of software doesn't require upgrading? The software you recommend has quite the history of upgrading. Does that render Tivimate unusable?

Kodi does notify you of new upgrades available but the auto check can be disabled. You can continue to use whatever old version you have installed usually without issues. I just installed kodi 18.6 on a virtual machines to check if it still works and it does. That version is two years old.

Add-ons are a different animal and they do tend to stop working from time to time or are abandoned by their creators but if you have many different add-ons installed this isn't an issue. When one goes down just use the next installed. When a new add-on appears on the scene install it. Not much work really and did I mention free.

A look at THE CREW a kodi add-on. Notice that it is well organized. Movies are all movies on-demand including what is in theaters. TV Shows is self-explanatory. Sports is all the major and not so major sports (cricket). IPTV has all the US major networks and many premium channels. All this from just one add-on.
1655069666487.png

This is a search of No Time to Die on kodi - THE CREW
1655070758788.png

Lets agree that there are many options to view IPTV and on-demand both paid and free. It depends solely on the consumer/user and what is acceptable for them. When presenting an IPTV option, although we may have our preference or bias, it's best not to denigrate a competing product.

gregvolt

May 15, 2022
new york
I can agree that kodi is not arranged as a typical cable box but that is a far stretch to it being user unfriendly. It's just different but like anything in life once you get use to it, it is just fine and for me better in many respects. Everything available on paid IPTV streams is on kodi and much more for free.

The critique about "keep updating" is unfair. Tell me what piece of software doesn't require upgrading? The software you recommend has quite the history of upgrading. Does that render Tivimate unusable?

Kodi does notify you of new upgrades available but the auto check can be disabled. You can continue to use whatever old version you have installed usually without issues. I just installed kodi 18.6 on a virtual machines to check if it still works and it does. That version is two years old.

Add-ons are a different animal and they do tend to stop working from time to time or are abandoned by their creators but if you have many different add-ons installed this isn't an issue. When one goes down just use the next installed. When a new add-on appears on the scene install it. Not much work really and did I mention free.

A look at THE CREW a kodi add-on. Notice that it is well organized. Movies are all movies on-demand including what is in theaters. TV Shows is self-explanatory. Sports is all the major and not so major sports (cricket). IPTV has all the US major networks and many premium channels. All this from just one add-on.
View attachment 5810
This is a search of No Time to Die on kodi - THE CREW
View attachment 5811

Lets agree that there are many options to view IPTV and on-demand both paid and free. It depends solely on the consumer/user and what is acceptable for them. When presenting an IPTV option, although we may have our preference or bias, it's best not to denigrate a competing product.
Yes I'm talking about keeping up with add ons. If you don't keep up with add ons or repositories, they stop working. If you choose to not upgrade tivimate, it keeps on working.. Forever. You havent seen all that's available in my service, and for the small fee, it's worth it to most people to be able to turn their TV on and just watch whatever they want. Most people would have to pay 200 to 300 per month with cable to get what i offer. Most people aren't techies and they just want something that works. Most people who have firesticks don't even use them because when they bought them they thought they could get everything on Kodi, until they found out they had to jump through hoops to keep it working. People who use my service, actually use it because once it's up and running ...it's up and running.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Yes I'm talking about keeping up with add ons. If you don't keep up with add ons or repositories, they stop working. If you choose to not upgrade tivimate, it keeps on working.. Forever. You havent seen all that's available in my service, and for the small fee, it's worth it to most people to be able to turn their TV on and just watch whatever they want. Most people would have to pay 200 to 300 per month with cable to get what i offer. Most people aren't techies and they just want something that works. Most people who have firesticks don't even use them because when they bought them they thought they could get everything on Kodi, until they found out they had to jump through hoops to keep it working. People who use my service, actually use it because once it's up and running ...it's up and running.
Again to each his/her own. I might not have seen what your service in particular offers but I've seen many compatible IPTV services to state with confidence that everything your service offers and more could be had on kodi for free. I've been a kodi user since it was XBMC (~10-12 years) and have contributed bug fixes in the past. I understand I'm not the average kodi user but I'll assume it could be used and maintained with some degree of effort (minimal?) since millions all over the world use kodi daily. My wife is technically challenged and computer illiterate but she is a proficient kodi user and can both upgrade kodi on her Firestick and install add-ons when needed. FYI THE CREW kodi add-on has been up and running without issues for over a year.

I have no doubt that you provide a quality product that is useful for many avid TV consumers. But I too think that kodi offers good TV for many with perhaps the cost of a bit of tinkering as oppose to money. There is a place for both kodi and the service you provide, it doesn't have to be one size fits all.