For those Dominicans DR1'ers what does it mean to be aplatanado?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I am not Dominican but....

You are well assimilated, speak the language well, have the Dominican citizenship...

I am guessing Dominicans would be naturally flattered to meet someone with such a respect and understanding of their culture, no ?

I honestly don't understand your question :confused:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I am not Dominican but....

You are well assimilated, speak the language well, have the Dominican citizenship...

I am guessing Dominicans would be naturally flattered to meet someone with such a respect and understanding of their culture, no ?

I honestly don't understand your question :confused:

No offense but I wasn't asking you, nor CC, nor windeguy, nor keepcoming, nor giveadogahome etc.

It's clear some of you guys can't read or have bigger issues, no offense personally.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
No offense taken but you have to realize, Chip, you asked a question on a public board for all members to see, where most active members are not Dominicans.:alien:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
No offense taken but you have to realize, Chip, you asked a question on a public board for all members to see, where most active members are not Dominicans.:alien:

Still there are enough like Nals, suarez, Pichardo, Extremer, Exequiel, Not Lurking, nas etc.

I also don't think it takes a lot of brains to see why I excluded non Dominicans.

Still, I suppose some of you just couldn't resist. That doesn't seem to healthy to me honestly.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I'm interested in what Dominicans think about what it means to be aplatanado but not really gringos(except for HB), thanks!

I read it clearly and so where did I sway in direction, Dominicans or HB? I asked my family who are Dominican, or are they not Dominican enough because they did not pass through planet DR1?

Besides all this Chip,you are always banging onabout how you are more Dominican than Bachata,so WTF are you asking a question and then defending the answers or dismissing what you don't want to hear?
I suspect it is you just want to confirm on DR1 'hey guys, someone said I was really like native today,just like them'? I bet you ran home from school like Billy Elliot tap dancing the cobbled stones to tell the wife and thank your ever faithful god for being so nice to you today. I bet you then got the bike out and went and sat under a random tree for a couple of hours chewing grass and whistling as girls just to clarify you have been made.
It's not the godfather you plonker, the way you goon you sound more like mafia with a dream to be made by the Don!

As far as I'm concerned you be happy, whatever it takes, but you have been letting yourself down with the attitude you are showing quite often when you don't hear what you want to hear, or there is a difference of opinion.
I'm beginning to get a Woody Allen storyline in my head about you, where you come out of your pink bubble as a family in identical clothing, walk, talk,and speak, expressionless the same, then return to your bubble until need to leave to collect more data for your Chipometer to send back to planet Chippa in the hope of one day taking over planet earth.
As crazy as it seems it is the least crazy reasoning I can come up with for reasons behind your quite backwards way in which you carry yourself.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I read it clearly and so where did I sway in direction, Dominicans or HB? I asked my family who are Dominican, or are they not Dominican enough because they did not pass through planet DR1?

Besides all this Chip,you are always banging onabout how you are more Dominican than Bachata,so WTF are you asking a question and then defending the answers or dismissing what you don't want to hear?
I suspect it is you just want to confirm on DR1 'hey guys, someone said I was really like native today,just like them'? I bet you ran home from school like Billy Elliot tap dancing the cobbled stones to tell the wife and thank your ever faithful god for being so nice to you today. I bet you then got the bike out and went and sat under a random tree for a couple of hours chewing grass and whistling as girls just to clarify you have been made.
It's not the godfather you plonker, the way you goon you sound more like mafia with a dream to be made by the Don!

As far as I'm concerned you be happy, whatever it takes, but you have been letting yourself down with the attitude you are showing quite often when you don't hear what you want to hear, or there is a difference of opinion.
I'm beginning to get a Woody Allen storyline in my head about you, where you come out of your pink bubble as a family in identical clothing, walk, talk,and speak, expressionless the same, then return to your bubble until need to leave to collect more data for your Chipometer to send back to planet Chippa in the hope of one day taking over planet earth.
As crazy as it seems it is the least crazy reasoning I can come up with for reasons behind your quite backwards way in which you carry yourself.

I think your post speaks enough for itself as to why I didn't ask for a non Dominican's opinion - good grief some of you are dense.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
In that case, why don't you PM Robert for a separate board for Dominicans only* (just like the off-topic but based on some Platano ratings of some sort instead of post counts)

Meanwhile, you have no choice but to put up with the unhealthy and/or brainless Dr1ers

*note that you might be excluded :)

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I think your post speaks enough for itself as to why I didn't ask for a non Dominican's opinion - good grief some of you are dense.

Chip, if you do not want the opinion of non Dominicans then why approach a predominantly non Dom website. Why? because you antagonize people and then when the boys start playing rough you start to cry and take your ball in like one of those sideline football supporters who screams insults at his own team for the entire match and everyone in the grandstand just wishes would shut the f--k up, or sing a song with everyone else in support, from what I see half of the grandstand is filled with good healthy supporters shouting for their team having fun, and then there is you with the entire other half of the grandstand singing a different song, just to antagonize yourself,like you get a kick out of being pointless.
Please, if you only want Dominicans opinions then why ask in English on an English owned site, who the f--k is dense? Think about it sherlock.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip, if you do not want the opinion of non Dominicans then why approach a predominantly non Dom website. Why? because you antagonize people and then when the boys start playing rough you start to cry and take your ball in like one of those sideline football supporters who screams insults at his own team for the entire match and everyone in the grandstand just wishes would shut the f--k up, or sing a song with everyone else in support, from what I see half of the grandstand is filled with good healthy supporters shouting for their team having fun, and then there is you with the entire other half of the grandstand singing a different song, just to antagonize yourself,like you get a kick out of being pointless.
Please, if you only want Dominicans opinions then why ask in English on an English owned site, who the f--k is dense? Think about it sherlock.

junior you got issues.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
junior you got issues.

Elaborate on the issues in that post please. Or is this where you slide the ball under the table and expect no one to notice your edging out of your corner!
Please tell me what is wrong with that above post! Seriously I want to know Chip, 'junior' is great if you prefer to refer to me as such, I quite like it!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Elaborate on the issues in that post please. Or is this where you slide the ball under the table and expect no one to notice your edging out of your corner!
Please tell me what is wrong with that above post! Seriously I want to know Chip, 'junior' is great is you prefer to refer to me as such, I quite like it!

What part of "Dominican Dr1'ers" don't you understand buddy?

I'm not even going to get into what your opinion is because then I would have to actually read all of your posts and I'm not interested.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Nice easy out, surprise surprise!
At the end of the day Chip, just like your religion, you both got a lot to say, but absolutely zero to back it up, you both bore the living sh1t out of everyone, you force opinion on people. But you both have one good attribute, I could burn the bible to get warm in a survival situation, but you'd make better fishing bait if I found myself lost at sea. So not all bad, just mostly!

Enough, good luck with that Dominican only site!

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Chip maybe they (Dominican DR1'ers as you put it) are not answering you because trying to be a Dominican like they are is insulting. Your posts with your Dominican slang is insulting. When your being expat Chip I honestly like some of your posts but when wannabe Dominican Chip comes out you come across quite foolish and bring the criticism from others on yourself. Move on now...

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip maybe they (Dominican DR1'ers as you put it) are not answering you because trying to be a Dominican like they are is insulting. Your posts with your Dominican slang is insulting. When your being expat Chip I honestly like some of your posts but when wannabe Dominican Chip comes out you come across quite foolish and bring the criticism from others on yourself. Move on now...

This thread isn't about you either, what part of "Dominican DR1'er"... oh forget it some of you apparently can't help yourselves.

- talk about issues - lets start with the "mob syndrome".

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I suppose it can mean different things depending on the context, a bit like tosser....you could be a tosser but I like you or you could just be a tosser depending on how its used

Status
Not open for further replies.