Foreigners Pay For Everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I agree 100% A lot of folks just aren't street-smart or have been around that lifestyle. They come here and think it's cool to hangout in people's barrios every weekend. If you wouldn't go to some of those places in the states to hangout why do it here?
I would venture to say they think a true "Dominican Experience", is sitting on a plastic chair under a tree having a conversation with someone who has a 4th grade education. My friends here wear dress shirts and slacks and would not eat out of a Styrofoam container.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
When I started Drinking a pequeña was $35. La grande $60. Cents and in a Lavadero $50 or $1. Peso.
Long time ago 😃
The Quizqueya beers La Pitufas was leading the market way back in the 80s.

JJ

Reactions: rey

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Thanks for advised / comment Sir …

To answer your comment about hanging out ; OF COURSE I want to hang out and bar hopping , who wouldn’t ? Specially at a country where the beers cost a $1.00 USD DOLLAR 🤩 🤩 🤩
Sometimes you can get Presidente in cans on sale for 80 pesos, but at most supermarkets and colmdos you're looking at 100 pesos for a pequena. Bar hopping you'll probably be lucky to get a pequena for 150 pesos. I can buy a Presidente cheaper in Florida than I can here. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Sometimes you can get :presidente in cans on sale for 80 pesos, but at most supermarkets and colmdos you're looking at 100 pesos for a pequena. Bar hopping you'll probably be lucky to get a pequena for 150 pesos. I can buy a Presidente cheaper in Florida than I can here. Go figure.
I'm not sure how the "P" in Presidente ended up with the emoji(?). Maybe a mod can correct it.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
When my wife's brother comes from the states the moochers are quick to come by if he is drinking. His normal modus operando is to buy a medium quality bottle of whiskey and feed them that, and a few beer. At his house where he has actually invited the people that show up, he will have premium quality drinks.

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
What to Do in Santo Domingo , what’s its the culture in a situation such as :

When am hanging out with some Dominican FRIENDS of Low income and “poor class” at clubs , restaurants , bars , MUST I pay for everyone or can I ask everyone to split the bill ?

Can y’all answers be split in 3 categories for each answer :

1- Friends ( only females )
2- Friends ( only Guys )
3- Friends ( MIX Men and females )
I find it rather derogatory to classify your "friends".
Dominicans also have their pride. So you place yourself above 'friends' who have less to spend? There are many places where females and guys laugh at you with the $ you have in your pocket.

Did you ever look any further than a colmado with your $1 beer?

A piece of advice to you 'friends', eat and drink as much as you can and look surprised when the bill arrives.

Cheers!!

rey

Jan 2, 2007
I find it rather derogatory to classify your "friends".
Dominicans also have their pride. So you place yourself above 'friends' who have less to spend? There are many places where females and guys laugh at you with the $ you have in your pocket.

Did you ever look any further than a colmado with your $1 beer?

A piece of advice to you 'friends', eat and drink as much as you can and look surprised when the bill arrives.

Cheers!!
Thanks you for your reply/comment

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING young man as my sweet grandmother use to say “ TRUST NO ONE”

And that’s why I type “ FRIENDS” And NOT friends

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe
Thanks you for your reply/comment

LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING young man as my sweet grandmother use to say “ TRUST NO ONE”

And that’s why I type “ FRIENDS” And NOT friends
I understand... you just looking for company.... that will cost in this country.

Read something about the use of capitals on a forum:
online chats and/or forum posts, writing in capitals is the online equivalent of shouting.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
More silly questions. I tre for a very long time. hink you should hold onto your money, not make any friends h
Thanks for advised / comment Sir …

To answer your comment about hanging out ; OF COURSE I want to hang out and bar hopping , who wouldn’t ? Specially at a country where the beers cost a $1.00 USD DOLLAR 🤩 🤩 🤩
Try $3.00 for a beer. Better figure that into your budget

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I would venture to say they think a true "Dominican Experience", is sitting on a plastic chair under a tree having a conversation with someone who has a 4th grade education. My friends here wear dress shirts and slacks and would not eat out of a Styrofoam container.
1670531054398.png

😃😄😁😆😅😂🤣

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
They probably wouldnt be going out or with you if they were not invited. Pay for everything. You mentioned they were low income friends. Dont be tacano brother.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
12 oz bottle Presidente at Jumbo on sale for 89.00 pesos. I haven't seen $1.00 beer in a very long time. Rey as much as you worry about security, you may want to think about the prices on items. This may resolve your questions about paying the bill, as you can see it will be expensive.
On point!

And pitufas ~US$1.20, not a dollar but close enough at Sirena in SD. I've bought them on sale for RD$45 many times.
1670601339451.png
1670601363494-png.6727

1670601180123.png

And not So pitufa :ROFLMAO:

1670601089251.png

Now in bars and restaurants you may want to go easy as prices are much higher maybe 2 or 3 times the supermarket price.

Attachments

• 1670601363494.png
    1670601363494.png
    53 KB · Views: 338

chicagoan14

Apr 2, 2019
On point!

And pitufas ~US$1.20, not a dollar but close enough at Sirena in SD. I've bought them on sale for RD$45 many times.
View attachment 6726
1670601363494-png.6727

View attachment 6724
And not So pitufa :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 6723

Now in bars and restaurants you may want to go easy as prices are much higher maybe 2 or 3 times the supermarket price.
Still mindblowing that imported beer is often times cheaper than domestic. I can't name many other places I've been where this happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.