Foreinger dies in accident in La Hermita

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I was getting gas today and was asked if I knew the guy that died last night in a car accident. Has anyone heard anything? The guy at the planta said he owned a restaraunt in playa Magnate. I went by where the accident took place - between GH and Rio San Juan and it looked bad......just thought someone might have heard something......

luvvinit

Sep 2, 2013
I was getting gas today and was asked if I knew the guy that died last night in a car accident. Has anyone heard anything? The guy at the planta said he owned a restaraunt in playa Magnate. I went by where the accident took place - between GH and Rio San Juan and it looked bad......just thought someone might have heard something......

It was Patrick from Los Gringos, Playa Magante. He will be missed dearly.

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Patrick was a great guy, and a friend to many. He will be missed. Our prayers go to his wife, in hopes of a recovery. Deepest sympathy to his family. If anyone knows who will be caring for his dogs during this tragic time, that would be a concern for those of us who knew of his love for them also. God's speed Patrick.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
First Aid Too Late

Removing shoes is part of first aid, I guess... :rolleyes:
Unfortunately this did not help any more.

R.I.P.

donP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what is this?

2kijys.jpg

Dec 21, 2008
RIP Patrick - thank you for the very enjoyable times we always had when we visited you. Condolences to his wife and his family.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Unfortunately another gruesome reminder of the outcome of speed on a road not meant for it. Condolences to the family and
those who were close to him.

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
Very very sad news. as we were at his restaurant and had a great time with him yesterday early afternoon. He told us he had to set up a birthday party in the area later that day, and then this happened!! He will be greatly missed. And rest in peace......

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Very dangerous stretch of road between Sabaneta and Rio San Juan, especially at night.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Speed will kill you anywhere, it's up to the driver to know his capabilities, most of us don't need such a test to find out. Many are unlucky and die at the lack of concern of others.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
high speed and no seat belt, i assume, since he was thrown out of the car? really tragic. i hope the injured woman (his wife?) pull through.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
interesting that he was ejected and died and that his wife survived the impact and was still in the car. Hope she makes it. Loss of shoes is quite common in hi speed wrecks especially if person is ejected. Condolences to the family. Another example of the benefits of wearing the seat belt system. A great deal of science has made cars very safe but without using the belt system its for nothing. Condolences to the family.

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
Patrick is a diabetic, he might had a low sugar moment and passed out while driving. Have a little heart!! Stop all those speculations!!

May 29, 2006
Is the death rate for car accidents higher for Ex-pats than for Dominicans?

In the US, it's the cause for about 1 in 500 deaths. In the DR, it seems like at least 10 times that rate.