Forums are dead-I wonder why

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Makeinbrass, The Team totally disagree with you. Facebook is very transient and hard to search. DR1 lasts for a long time and it is possible to find subjects years old that are still relevant today. Take the Cruise ship port thread. it is very informative.

So the Team disagree with you. DR1 still has an important place in the information and views of DR1 'ers.

Olly and the Team

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
No posts in 2 days ??

I, myself, have posted more than twice in the past two days.

Maybe you have a computer glitch

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Are you kidding? People post at least 50 times a day in the "new overstay fees" thread alone. :laugh:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
He's referring to the Santo Domingo forum

Maybe we can get Robert's permission to move the "Gun Threads" to the Santo Domingo forum for you. That should bore you to death.

bore: noun
noun: bore; plural noun: bores

the hollow part inside a gun barrel or other tube.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Not a post out here in two days, unfortunately just not a worthwhile venture any longer.

Not sure why you venture here anymore. Perhaps you need a DR1 break? You don't seem to be learning anything here.
Have a good day.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
WOW, what a great thread, even better than "Wanna Buy a Dombank" or "What is my Future MIL's Net Worth" thread!

Can we make this a stucky?

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
Who is banned that you miss, troublemaker?

No one in particular. I'm just being mischievous.
Anyway I imagine those that get banned just come back under another name.....
On a serious note, DR1 isnt going anywhere. It's a gem and a wealth of info.
Just about anything you want to find on DR related to an expat/tourist can be found quickly by searching google and putting DR1 at the end.
Kudos to Robert and his team (even the evil supermods) :cheeky:

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
WOW, what a great thread, even better than "Wanna Buy a Dombank" or "What is my Future MIL's Net Worth" thread!

Can we make this a stucky?

My Dominicana told me that guandules are now $100 a pound, is that true?
What is the price of guandules in Santo Domingo now?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
My Dominicana told me that guandules are now $100 a pound, is that true?
What is the price of guandules in Santo Domingo now?

I know a guandule farmer's daughter that can hook you up if you buy a kilo @ a time, pick up only $200 / Kilo.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
You're on a roll today dulce. :)

Yup. Things have been slow at work so I am bored. Plus I am ticked off at someone in real life.
It is better to be sarcastically funny here rather than be mean to the person I am mad at. ;)

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
I know a guandule farmer's daughter that can hook you up if you buy a kilo @ a time, pick up only $200 / Kilo.

Thank you Tambo!
I was so worried that she married me for my money, but now I know that it was because of my handsome appearance.
I am only 21 and she is 63, I hope it is not an incorrect age difference, wouldn't want people in SDQ to think badly of us. The farmers daughter could be an option if things don't work out.
Must run now to drink rum and perform my duties, happy weekend to all!