Freezing temperatures in Constanza

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Temperaturas-frias-Constanza-Listin-Diario-e1610981719300.jpeg

Photographs showing Constanza valleys covered by blankets of snow have been circulating on social media. This year, the temperatures in the mountain area of La Vega province have dropped below zero.Recent reports are of lows of five degrees below zero Celsius.

Read more in Spanish:Listin Diario

17 January 2021

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Carl.L

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Bob, I am SURE you are aware that Constanza is about twice the altitude above sea level as Jarabacoa.
I know exactly how much higher ( 2364 feet) and the temperature is normal only a spread of 4-5 degrees. My wife's family is from there (el rio). I doubt there was snow in the actual valley of Constanza but in some of the higher valleys close to constanza.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I know exactly how much higher ( 2364 feet) and the temperature is normal only a spread of 4-5 degrees. My wife's family is from there (el rio). I doubt there was snow in the actual valley of Constanza but in some of the higher valleys close to constanza.
Well, knowing that you live in Jarabacoa I knew you would know. I have often spent part of a day in Jarabacoa and then drove the road over to Constanza and always sensed a noticeable difference.

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
Well, you can snow ski in Hawaii. So ... think of the possibilities!!
Now about that loan .....

Reactions: CristoRey

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I was complaining over the weekend when it was
64 degrees outside here in Santiago on Saturday
morning. These warm winters are one of the main
reasons I choose to call this place home.

I've done winter in both Western and Eastern European
countries....
No thanks.

Reactions: Carl.L

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Well, knowing that you live in Jarabacoa I knew you would know. I have often spent part of a day in Jarabacoa and then drove the road over to Constanza and always sensed a noticeable difference.
I have yet to be in minus degrees here in the DR. I spent Christmas in El Rio about 8 years ago and it was only 6 C and it felt pretty damn cold.