French travel writers press trip

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Asociacion-Prensa-Francesa-MITUR.png

The French Association of Travel Writers (AJT) is in the Dominican Republic to celebrate their annual reunion to analyze the global pandemic and its impact on travel and what the future may bring. The Dominican tourism office in France has coordinated a fam trip of the entire country to take place concurrently. The journalists are also being taken to tour the eastern resort areas and Cibao attractions.

On their agenda are visits to the Colonial City, but also to some lesser known cultural attractions such as Gualey and Villa Mella in Greater Santo Domingo. In the southwest, the French travel writers will tour the Ocoa vineyards and the Bani dunes. Other tours are to tobacco factories and farms in the Cibao, Taino cave sights and attractions in La Romana and Bayahibe.

A press release explains that around 55 journalists and representatives of French media, specialized in...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I'm all for the tourism dollars that they bring but how silly can this get. 55 Frenchman coming here to analyze the effects of the pandemic. Couldn't they do that in France.
Our cartoon world just keeps getting stupider by the day.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Sounds like what most would call a junket - a paid vacation for grifters.
Let them see how they like trying to grab dinner before 5 (since they won't cook) or having everything shut down probably before they can organize themselves on a bus on the weekend.
Something tells me this could taint there evaluation when they get to their typewriters.

Reactions: thompstr

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
Sounds like what most would call a junket - a paid vacation for grifters.
Let them see how they like trying to grab dinner before 5 (since they won't cook) or having everything shut down probably before they can organize themselves on a bus on the weekend.
Something tells me this could taint there evaluation when they get to their typewriters.

Someone's dating themself. 😄 😄 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Africaida

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Maybe they want to see what is happening on the ground, on paper everything looks like the government ave got it under control, but the reports from the resorts paints a different picture

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Co-ordinated by the DR gov't...... it will be a smooth visit...

It's a tourism promo project..... the visitors are 'free to roam'.... guided tour, so to speak

When they did this in Detroit (downtown) to open the new Ford Stadium
They ran buses full of beer and food to round up the homeless - clear the streets - for the celebration
They were allowed to return after - fully sated !!