Friday pm traffic in and out of Sosua

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
It's the so called "professional drivers" that are the worst. Taxi, bus, minibus and lorry drivers. No respect for any other road users. And unfortunately their unions are more powerful than the law.

Very true. In my country, the commercial traffic (taxi, bus, trucks etc.) are the vehicles on the road in best condition and the newest ones on the road. They are the pride of the city or the company they belong to. Here, these vehicles are the worst of the worst, and the private vehicles the best looking ones... To me, that speaks a lot how the drivers treat their workplace and of their idea of doing things right.

Wasn't there in DR1 just a few days back a piece of news that two people were killed as a concho driver ran the red light in Santiago? I'm not saying that private vehicles do not cause accidens, but in my country, the term "professional" means something... Rant over, this is just one of those things that has to be accepted...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I do. But it really narks me when I see a taxi overtake a queue of traffic at the lights and run the red light.

It's the so called "professional drivers" that are the worst. Taxi, bus, minibus and lorry drivers. No respect for any other road users. And unfortunately their unions are more powerful than the law.

I see this every time I drive. Yesterday after spending much of the day in Puerto Plata I was approaching the light by Playero. Many professional , as well as "normal" DR drivers, used the edge of road to create another lane to over take the long line of traffic at the very poorly timed light by Playero. It happens all of the time.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I see this every time I drive. Yesterday after spending much of the day in Puerto Plata I was approaching the light by Playero. Many professional , as well as "normal" DR drivers, used the edge of road to create another lane to over take the long line of traffic at the very poorly timed light by Playero. It happens all of the time.

I wish we could go dig some footings and pour some 12" high and peaked concrete "policia-muertos" every 30 feet.
That might tear up some of those taxis (leaving a gap in the middle for motos of course)