Friend leaving the US

pi2

Banned
Oct 12, 2011
Many people have left the US because they think the U.S. is falling into a poverty-ridden Stalinist state.
There is much truth in this statement!
Plus the US has a huge prison population ; many incarcerated without a decent trial.

Countries such as DR stand out as becons of freedom!

pi2

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
I was waiting for you to chime in, as this is right up your alley. Can't wait to hear the rest of your insight.

Many people have left the US because they think the U.S. is falling into a poverty-ridden Stalinist state. There is much truth in this statement!
Plus the US has a huge prison population ; many incarcerated without a decent trial.
pi2

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Many people have left the US because they think the U.S. is falling into a poverty-ridden Stalinist state.
There is much truth in this statement!

pi2

Out of sheer morbid curiosity, I took you off my "ignore" list to see what piffle (masquerading as "balance," according to Robert) you were slinging these days. To my surprise you continue to impress with your phenomenal combination of obtuse obstinance and sheer ignorance.

Calling the nation with one of (if not THE) largest middle classes in the history of history a Stalinist state belies a woeful lack of understanding. Yes, the economy is bad, and yes the poor and middle classes have been hit especially hard. That said, we're a lot better off than most.

Anyway, your willingness to learn-by-"Googlepedia" and otherwise revel in ignorance also underscores the reason I'm so happy the ignore button is still working on this site.

Back to my blissful "Yannadu/pi2 free zone," enjoy your seaweed smoothie....

Last edited:

rdelc

Jan 18, 2012
You're right. But there's no need to sulk. You can always learn something: like respectful communication.

Oops! You got it right, amigo. You come here looking for advice expecting to receive a professional answer and what do you get? Let me assure you that if you surf all over dr1 you will find LOTS of members on your shoes. Quite a sad situation...

rdelc

Jan 18, 2012
Originally Posted by adios amigo
Back in Kindergaten the rule was if you didn't have something nice to say, don't say anything.

Ha,ha,ha! That's a good one, amigo!

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
"addition by subtraction"

hey everyone. I have a friend who is leaving the us, fearing the crash of the dollar, and a coming police state. He's been to dr several times, has a dominican girlfriend
and two children with her. Are there things you could tell me that he may not have
thought of in terms of unexpected difficulties? Thanks.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Hey everyone. I have a friend who is leaving the US, fearing the crash of the dollar, and a coming Police State. He's been to DR several times, has a Dominican Girlfriend
and two children with her. Are there things you could tell me that he may not have
thought of in terms of unexpected difficulties? Thanks.

Tell him Newt will win so he can stay in the USA.

adios amigo

Feb 7, 2012
Drob, remember you don't know what you don't know. Pi2 and La Rubia, like myself, are looking at mulitple news sources, Larry Edelson, Richard Martin, Gary Null, even Alex Jones, and if you do that, you'll read and watch some pretty unbelievable possibilities about the U.S dollar falling, even crashing. And of the course the chain reactions that would occur would be a run on food and chaos like we've never seen it. This isn't just a few whacos on the margins of society. There are major writers, economists, and web sites discussing the need to prepare. Your assault on people discussing this isn't resourceful, kind or necessary. Be curious instead of reactive.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Please advise your friend that the DR and the US do have some relationship to each other with respect to the US dollar. It is my understanding that the DR pays off its debts with US dollars. So, how much will it help your friend to be in the DR if the US dollar crashes? How will your friend be funding his life here?

There is no question that idiot Bush and namby pamby Obama have been complicit in reducing the rights of US citizens in the name of security. I will grant you that. But that shows up most frequently when people travel on airlines. If your friend lives in the DR and wants to travel frequently to the USA he will actually be more annoyed by this than if he remained in the US.

Now if you told me he wanted to come to a tropical island to live with his wife and children while perhaps having a better lifestyle than he would in the USA it could make sense for him to move here.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
Drob, remember you don't know what you don't know. Pi2 and La Rubia, like myself, are looking at mulitple news sources, Larry Edelson, Richard Martin, Gary Null, even Alex Jones, and if you do that, you'll read and watch some pretty unbelievable possibilities about the U.S dollar falling, even crashing. And of the course the chain reactions that would occur would be a run on food and chaos like we've never seen it. This isn't just a few whacos on the margins of society. There are major writers, economists, and web sites discussing the need to prepare. Your assault on people discussing this isn't resourceful, kind or necessary. Be curious instead of reactive.

I somewhat understand your concerns as the printing presses have been covering/preventing the inevitable fix. IMO only! This said, the USA is still the largest economy in the world which supports most others hence world crisis!(Disclosure, Im Canadian) Basic economic fundamentals and indicators would suggest another deep crisis or crash, but remember the interconnected world economies will be forced to work together to lessen the blow and save the US Dollar because the others just do not have the same liquidity, the other choice EURO is not much of a choice these days.
Be careful, many so called legit writers and economist also see the opportunity that exists being "Armeggedon Entreprenuers" meaning they like to write about the end of the world or democracy, to sell books or webhits which makes them $$. "With crisis is opportunity" or Writing about crisis, sells books etc.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The Dominican Republic,is such a powerful,"Beacon of Freedom",that about 50 Dominicans just drowned trying to get,"Out-Of-The-Light!
And just where were they going,YEP,that "Stalinist State" to the North!
Not onlyTHAT,but the last time I went to "Tia Juana" Mexico,there was a HUGE FENCE,just to keep Americans in the USA!!!!
"pee-eye-two",laughable!.............but pathetic at the same time.
I have never heard from an "Englishman" that was sooooooooooooooo insanely jealous of the US!
England is a great country,be proud of your heritage!
CC

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

You are correct about your sources of information. They are indeed quite unbelievable.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
The Dominican Republic,is such a powerful,"Beacon of Freedom",that about 50 Dominicans just drowned trying to get,"Out-Of-The-Light!
And just where were they going,YEP,that "Stalinist State" to the North!
Not onlyTHAT,but the last time I went to "Tia Juana" Mexico,there was a HUGE FENCE,just to keep Americans in the USA!!!!
"pee-eye-two",laughable!.............but pathetic at the same time.
I have never heard from an "Englishman" that was sooooooooooooooo insanely jealous of the US!
England is a great country,be proud of your heritage!
CC

YanaPi is just still p.o.'d about 1776. LOL I can't even imagine how irritated he is with India after His Majesty lost the "jewel" of the British Empire. LOL

I agree with Expat13... all the people who write / talk about doomsday are not worried about the dollar crashing... they're worried about depositing dollars in their bank accounts. These simple minded, uneducated, and less than worldly followers are easy prey for these clowns. Lot's of similar fools "drank the Kool-aid" with "Reverend" Jones in the middle of the freekin' Guyana Jungle.

adios amigo

Feb 7, 2012
Minerva, notice the level of thought that went into your e mail vs. some of the latter ones where people are actually
discussing the economny. This isn't a fight; it's a discussion.

adios amigo

Feb 7, 2012
Yes, I think that the passing of the National Defense Act (NDA) was one of the factors that prompted him to want to leave. Among others. But I'm wondering how many citizens' rights exist in the DR and whether or not there is a difference.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Doomsday or not, if it is coming, there is at least 250 Millions people going down with me. Might be fun, who knows ? :rolleyes:

Misery loves company :rambo:

adios amigo

Feb 7, 2012
I agree that this is a time for the armeggedon entreprenuers. Well put. Yet the more I look at the economy, the more I wonder if it will get much worse. For instance, we will never be able to pay China back. So one of the ideas is that we are going to lower the value of the dollar so that we can pay our dept back. Gutting the dollar like this is a win win for the two governments but a sacrifice for the US citizens.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007

Amigo, instead of being a newcomer looking for advice, you are rapidly turning into an agenda looking for a platform. You don't know me, or what I read, know, experience or believe. Therefore, it may be a tad bit premature to judge me, or anyone else, as incuriously reflexive.

My advice to you is to realize you were born with two ears, two eyes and one mouth. Use them in that proportion, and you'll do fine.

That said, it was a mistake to introduce a long-running issue with Yannadu/Pi2 on your thread. However, my advice would be to review some of his old postings (search under "personal nuclear power plant" and "solar ovens") to get a sense of exactly who you're defending. You'll find he has more in common with the Unabomber than with Updike.

Out of respect for the individuals you cited, I did a little fact checking. Not Wikipedia, but financial players. Turns out, none of the writers you cited are "major thinkers," except in the niche world of chicken little investing. Their advice usually is dependent on a pessimistic (as opposed to soberly realistic) world view.

Yeah, I know, they said the same thing about Noah, right? Turns out his source was a bit more credible than Marty Weiss and the "sky-is-falling" crew.

As a business owner and active investor, I have happily and profitably placed long term bets to win. Yeah, I'm sure we're in for another adjustment or two, but that's the cool thing about the "long term, isn't it." The world is evolving, but not coming to an end. No matter how much Larry Edelson wants you to think otherwise.

Meantime, enjoy hoarding gold and water purification tablets.