Fries, chocolate and mussels

theconsul

May 6, 2014
www.project8.biz
Hello people :)

We are not that new but new to the DR1 forums.

We are regular visitors in the DR and in august we move permanently to Sosua. We is my wife and me :)

We are from Belgium. My wife is a real Belgian woman, me too but i have some dutch roots.

It is good to have some forums like DR1 where one can post and ask questions so we are happy to be here. Lot's of info to be found here.

Why the DR: we just love the ambiance, the people and ofc, the climate.

Background:

We are middle-aged.
My wife and me both have a real-estate background but for several years i am specialized in webdesign and social media consultancy.

We will probably meet some of you irl just cause we are not the stay-at-home types. We like good food, beach, kitesurfing and lot's of other wonderful stuff the island has to offer.

So, see you out there :)

Tc

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
There are lots of Belgium and Dutch people here. Just in Cabarete, the Belgium Bakery--next to Banco Popular is a very popular place. And right next to the beach in Cabarete--directly next to San Souci Hotel--is a cafe called Alegre--that is run by two beautiful Dutch girls.

So, you'll be in good company here, with good food, good chocolate, good fries, but sadly, no good mussels.

Frank

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
There are lots of Belgium and Dutch people here. Just in Cabarete, the Belgium Bakery--next to Banco Popular is a very popular place. And right next to the beach in Cabarete--directly next to San Souci Hotel--is a cafe called Alegre--that is run by two beautiful Dutch girls.

So, you'll be in good company here, with good food, good chocolate, good fries, but sadly, no good mussels.

Frank

They don't have good mussels here? They've got millions!!!!
Mussel=mossel in Dutch which is also used for popola :laugh:

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Welcome to Dr1 as new views and experiences benefit most of us. What part of Sosua are you planning on moving to if I might ask.