BBC News: Over 200 People Violently Killed in 10 Days

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Anytime something major happens in the news, such as the Queen passing away, attention is drawn away from other important news stories.

Last edited:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Annie have you thought of maybe starting a Haiti1.com message forum? What's your morbid interest with the place?
My interest in not "morbid"
"1.
characterized by or appealing to an abnormal and unhealthy interest in disturbing and unpleasant subjects, especially death and disease."

My love for Haiti dates back to 1979 when I lived there for year as a scuba dive instructor..
Tourism in Haiti was well developed back then when there was little to no tourism development in Haiti.
I fell in love with the country - its people, its history, its beauty.
Since then, Haiti has always had a piece of my heart.

• Love
Reactions: NanSanPedro

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
This might open the door to some progress -
"A broad coalition of faith and advocacy groups is calling on the Biden administration to cut support for de facto Haitian Prime Minister Ariel Henry,whose party they say is at the center of Haiti’s deepening political and humanitarian crisis."...https://thehill.com/latino/3647076-...n-to-drop-support-for-haitian-prime-minister/
My interest in not "morbid"
"1.
characterized by or appealing to an abnormal and unhealthy interest in disturbing and unpleasant subjects, especially death and disease."

My love for Haiti dates back to 1979 when I lived there for year as a scuba dive instructor..
Tourism in Haiti was well developed back then when there was little to no tourism development in Haiti.
I fell in love with the country - its people, its history, its beauty.
Since then, Haiti has always had a piece of my heart.
I meant no tourism in the DR - as in BEFORE the all inclusive resorts in Punta Cana were built...