Fun, fun, fun....help Larry plan a trip......

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I second many of the suggestions on the thread, especially:

Las Galeras and Playa Rincon
The South West
Moncion Dam, Santiago Rodriguez
Mao and Punta Rucia/La Ensenada
Constanza
The East - El Seybo, Miches

No one mentioned Isla Saona, though. You can take boat trips to the island from Bayahibe or Boca de Yuma. Isla Saona is a controlled reserve. Only local people are allowed to live there. Great scenery and good snorkelling/scuba diving in the area. You can have lunch there but you can't stay overnight.

Another scenic area near the capital but largely unknown is Yamasa/Bayaguana - unspoiled 'real' rural DR with plenty of natural treasures like waterfalls and rivers.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
One of my favorite trips to the DR entailled sightseeing around the falls of El Limon, then off to a private beach near Las Terranas (sp?) that Angel knew of. Angel was on the crew that landscaped the Casa Marina Bay hotel in LG. The beauty of this area, surrounded by the most incredible beaches in the country, is astounding.

I also loved the Barahona area. Off the beaten track, few tourists in sight, and few people who speak English will make the trip very memorable. On the tad negative side, I couldn't find a beach that I liked at the time in this area. Rock beaches aren't my cup of tea.

Good luck, and have a blast. I can't wait to see the pictures!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Heaven

Larry I envy you what a wonderful time you will have, do I need to put up warning signs you are coming?? especially if you hook up with AZBBBBBBBBBBBB. Have a great time
:cheeky:

Jan 5, 2006
On your trip south, be sure to make stops in San Cristobal, Bani and Azua. Once you make it to the deep southwest (Barahona/Pedernales), stop in at the Parque Nacional Bahoruco and Hoyo de Pelempito. Those two places represent a great deal of Dominican history going back to the days of the native indians.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Thanks again to everyone. I was in Vegas satisfying my poker addiction for 2 weeks so wasn't on-line and didn't see the last few responses. Back in the DR now and looking forward to doing some exploring and would appreciate any more input from anyone who may not have seen this thread before.

Larry

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hey Larry? kfrancis is back in country so you might want to give him a hollar. He knows the Deep South real good. Might be worth the nickle...

Good luck and be sure to let me know iffin you be comin' down here to Santiago, so's I kin point y'all in the right direction, hear??

HB :D:D Layin' it on real thick!!

Hey I **** found out you can't make a mistake with the word "country" , like get the O before the C = oc*ntry..the built-in censor will **** the word...pretty cool

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Larry said:
Thanks again to everyone. I was in Vegas satisfying my poker addiction for 2 weeks so wasn't on-line and didn't see the last few responses. Back in the DR now and looking forward to doing some exploring and would appreciate any more input from anyone who may not have seen this thread before.

Larry

Did you win anything?