Fundacion Inmaculada Concepcion Hogar Emiliano Tardiff (Orphanage in Santiago visit!)

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Hi,

I wanted to share some photos of our business's day at the orphanage in Santiago.. thanks a lot to Hillbilly for the recommendation and if anyone has other recommendations for where our company can help in the Santiago area we have a fund that we have created to do things like this on a monthly basis. We provided lunch and dinner for 30 kids and made a donation of 8000 pesos of meat, toothpaste, toilet paper and a few other necessities that the orphanage was lacking. Maybe next time a few DR1ers will come hang out with us.. we had a blast, one of our employees put on a small magic show, another sang, and one did some gymnastics. The definite stars of the show were the kids , doing things like gymnastics and singing for us. I truly thank God for allowing me to be able to give back to the community like this, I can't think of anything in the world that is better..

16s8sh.jpg

k0nczb.jpg

2ziwi3d.jpg

1tmr7m.jpg

2ij6u5v.jpg

25tbxxy.jpg

2cym80m.jpg

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Oh my god, you just nailed it. I loved the way people cares, be there for the kids and their future. I think we both can do something, PM me and we can go from there.

Cheers

Jan 9, 2004
Kudos and congratulations to you and your staff.

You can continue with the same organization and look/ask what their current needs are. I have found that new beds/bunk beds are always in need and that is where I have focused many of my donations with various orphanages in the DR over the years.

Again, kudos and much respect on your philanthropy.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I started to post on this yesterday but something interrupted me.

Sayanora called me to ask where the orphanage was and I gave him very precise directions>>>> TO THE WRONG PLACE!!

Since I have not visited the orphanage at all so far this year, I was not aware that it had moved to a more spacious house, not far from the
Central Bank in a very nice area. I have talked to members of the board of directors about their new building lot but they did not
inform me of the move...Jacqueline, the treasurer had posted something on Fa Buu, but I did not see it.

Any way....it seems that the Neighborhood Association at the new location, donated at last to the foundation, is objecting to the construction of an
orphanage so near their homes....Can you believe this? These are supposed to be good Christian folks....Yeah right.
I told Jackie that the next time there is a hearing at the city council where these a..holes are objecting, I want to be there.

She said that they are looking at other possibilities, such as the large place owned by a lady that is moving back to the US...and is willing
to help the orphanage...This would be great since it would only require money and not the hassle of having to build....

Anyway, Sayanora's efforts have been greatly appreciated, I know that for a fact. And I am depositing the wonderful contribution for the
Beyond the Beach Foundation (Olivia Thompson's folks) this afternoon...all to the good.

If anyone wishes to help please let me know....we finally got our incorporation straightened out and are now a registered NGO.

Cordially,

HB

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
I am bringing 2 groups in April and 1 in june- glad you are well and back at it- Miss you!!! Can they give a tax receipt now and what is the NGO name? That helps!!!!
Stevi

sbsuib

Apr 13, 2006
you picked a great place- those kids are awesome. Have been visiting them for the past 10 years. Thank you!