Gangs and Politics in Haiti

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have been told that same thing by various white Haitian acquaintances in the past. Pretty like the DR was 50 years ago when a few families controlled the country.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Another case of lets blame the light skinned (basically white) people for all our problems.
Personally I'm sick of hearing it. You can't pick up a newspaper or watch a news cast without hearing how bad it is for the non white people.
I have seen government money go to everything from writers to gift shops that are non white. The word "systemic racism" seems to apply to white people only. I saw a TV ad this morning offering grant money to Black writers. If a white person were to publicly offer the same deal to whites only there would be riots in the streets.

This isn't a racist rant, its the reality of todays world. Hope I don't get a vacation for saying it.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Another case of lets blame the light skinned (basically white) people for all our problems.
Personally I'm sick of hearing it. You can't pick up a newspaper or watch a news cast without hearing how bad it is for the non white people.
I have seen government money go to everything from writers to gift shops that are non white. The word "systemic racism" seems to apply to white people only. I saw a TV ad this morning offering grant money to Black writers. If a white person were to publicly offer the same deal to whites only there would be riots in the streets.

This isn't a racist rant, its the reality of todays world. Hope I don't get a vacation for saying it.
Certain groups have a huge inferiority complex and refuse to take personal responsibilty for their actions.

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
I have been told that same thing by various white Haitian acquaintances in the past. Pretty like the DR was 50 years ago when a few families controlled the country.
Do you have any non-white Haitian acquaintances and if so what do they have to say? Since about 95% of the population is not white...
"According to population DNA tests, approximately 95% of the population of Haiti is Black Creole. Within Black Haitian DNA the composition is approximately, 86% were African, 12% European and 2% Native American. The remaining population of Haiti is primarily composed of Mulattoes, Europeans, Asians, and Arabs."

Demographics of Haiti - Wikipedia

Reactions: melphis

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Do you have any non-white Haitian acquaintances and if so what do they have to say? Since about 95% of the population is not white...
"According to population DNA tests, approximately 95% of the population of Haiti is Black Creole. Within Black Haitian DNA the composition is approximately, 86% were African, 12% European and 2% Native American. The remaining population of Haiti is primarily composed of Mulattoes, Europeans, Asians, and Arabs."

Demographics of Haiti - Wikipedia
I do and not one of them has ever blamed their light-skinned compatriots for any of the country's current problems.

Reactions: OldSkool

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Typical one sided journalism. Propaganda printed to shock and entertain the reader base. Throw in a few pictures of mad men holding guns at high port of arms, a domestic serving an older white businessman and you have a story. Once I read "bauxite" mining I chuckled and knew it was bogus. You couldn't support a family of 4 in that industry in Haiti now. Hey but thanks for the entertainment.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
There is no government or organization in the failed state of Haiti.
The corruption for a long time, is well documented and systemic.
The only way to deal with roaming gangs is to kill them, same as should be done with pirates.
None of them have compassion and no compassion should be given to them.

The 'good" people become the victims.
If things continue as they were and the international community keeps on throwing money at them,
Enjoy the consequences.
2 trillion for Afghanistan, back to chaos.
I've lost count of the money spent on Haiti, into the pockets of the corrupt politicians .....zero improvement.

The DR has to protect itself, from Haitian crime with alll measures at its disposal.

It's obvious that we can't cure all crime and dictatorships in the world.
Other societies have overcome many hardships with hard work and organization.
Improvements and fighting crime and corruption has to come from Haitians.

I've seen them often enough fighting in the DR barrios, bringing their chaotic lifestyle to us.
The problem is their mentality.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
There is no government or organization in the failed state of Haiti.
The corruption for a long time, is well documented and systemic.
The only way to deal with roaming gangs is to kill them, same as should be done with pirates.
None of them have compassion and no compassion should be given to them.

The 'good" people become the victims.
If things continue as they were and the international community keeps on throwing money at them,
Enjoy the consequences.
2 trillion for Afghanistan, back to chaos.
I've lost count of the money spent on Haiti, into the pockets of the corrupt politicians .....zero improvement.

The DR has to protect itself, from Haitian crime with alll measures at its disposal.

It's obvious that we can't cure all crime and dictatorships in the world.
Other societies have overcome many hardships with hard work and organization.
Improvements and fighting crime and corruption has to come from Haitians.

I've seen them often enough fighting in the DR barrios, bringing their chaotic lifestyle to us.
The problem is their mentality.

The DR did it. They had a POS dictator that they got rid of.

Haiti did it. Baby Doc was another POS. With the US and other help, they got rid of him.

It's doable. The Haitian have to organize and take back their country.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
The currency is call Haitian Gourdes pronounced goud. 5 gourdes = 1 Haitian dollar (dola). If it is in gourdes, it would only be $5000 USD. So I doubt it.
Why not 5,000. 500,000 usd a month ? There is a lot of money in Haiti business then. Ok she said the business couldn’t make enough to pay that. Some business if it could.

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
Typical one sided journalism. Propaganda printed to shock and entertain the reader base. Throw in a few pictures of mad men holding guns at high port of arms, a domestic serving an older white businessman and you have a story. Once I read "bauxite" mining I chuckled and knew it was bogus. You couldn't support a family of 4 in that industry in Haiti now. Hey but thanks for the entertainment.
Do you by chance work in mining?

OldSkool

Banned
Aug 31, 2021
Barahona
Please give us your personal take on Haiti, in your own words. Current, re: gangs, rationale for kidnappings, whatever but your thoughts.