Gardener Insurance

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I hope not - it is getting so it is not worth it to hire anyone in DR. Do your own yard work, pool work and repairs till as long as you can - then hope your step kids will do it

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Could be talking about if he or she gets hurt on the job... I seen it one yr ago Haitian gardener cut 1/2 his foot off with lawn mower and he was wearing rubber boots at time , push gas mover... foot slipped under mower rest is history , make things worse owner of villa was in Hospital for medical condition ended up passing away, gardener 10 days later was hobbling around looking for someone to pay for his injuries...

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Insurance ??

against theft?
Health?

One more clue here , please

My latest Domestic agreed to terms , Room with en suite bath, food and 10Kdop after 6 weeks she asked for Insurance and medicine and days off to Clinic with pay. After I said no, she tells me she has another offer in POP. I said good luck, have a good life.
I might have conceded on the Insurance since we have Corporate coverage; but will not be held ransom.
Too old and too stubborn.... another severance on the horizon. WTF anyway?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Maybe they are talking about medical insurance. We pay our maid's medical insurance and don't dock her money if she has to go to Santiago or La Vega for a doctor's visit. She is the one who stayed with my wife overnight in the clinic when she had to have an operation, she will go to the house on her day off to check on my MIL if she is sick....etc.

Drperson

Sep 19, 2008
health insurance is becoming more common in the campo where I live.
It is kind of important and doesnt really cost that much

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
My gardener is insured. It's no different than any other employee that is insured through TSS. Rates are based on salary and days worked. It's not expensive, but worth a lot to them. I'm not sure what the law is in regards to domestic help, but I treat him as a part-time employee.