Gardiner

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
turksman, i understand. you want to be fair to people and it boggles your brain how they can live on so little because you could not. they can. do not worry about that. pay what dominicans pay, it's fine. and trust me, people appreciate you. as a gringo you treat workers differently and you are more forgiving.

the thing is that if you are too good and too generous some people will take you for a fool. they will abuse you thinking: this idiot deserves to have all his money taken. it is better that you do not put yourself in this position. show your generosity and good heart to the workers differently. give them a good lunch meal. if you have viveros in your garden let them take a razimo of platanos/bananas. if you have coconuts, give them a bunch when they are cut down. hand down old clothing. small things count too.

and a note on dogs poop. from some posts here i get the feeling some folks thing collecting dog s**t is a degrading job. i am speechless. what will be next? that washing hospital patients is degrading? changing diapers? you act like it's some sort of two dogs one cup kind of stunt. it is not. i use to clean after our dogs myself. not exactly the most fragrant and pleasant experience. but not degrading.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Did anybody ever watch that show on HGTV with Jeff Lewis...He had a bunch of dogs who pooped all over the place. He seemed to get all together too much enjoyment out of watching one of his employees go around and scrape it up off the pavement or scoop it out of the grass.
It always made me feel a little uncomfortable....I would find myself screaming at the set, "Bloody hell, Jeff. Get off your a$$ and get out there and scoop your own dogs' poop."
With time I grew to really enjoy the show but, that aspect of it never stopped bothering me....
It's the arrogance.
Arghhh......The humanity of it all. :rolleyes::)

Dec 26, 2011
and a note on dogs poop. from some posts here i get the feeling some folks thing collecting dog s**t is a degrading job. i am speechless. what will be next? that washing hospital patients is degrading? changing diapers? you act like it's some sort of two dogs one cup kind of stunt. it is not. i use to clean after our dogs myself. not exactly the most fragrant and pleasant experience. but not degrading.

Pets are family, no? Changing your daughter's diaper is different than some other kid's. I imagine it's the same sensation with pets. No problem curbing one's own, but encountering someone else's on your property is unpleasant?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a job like any other. you are now implying it is degrading to be a nurse, a nanny or a dog walker. what is degrading is two girls one cup. not not scooping out some chiuaua poop.

Dec 26, 2011
a job like any other. you are now implying it is degrading to be a nurse, a nanny or a dog walker. what is degrading is two girls one cup. not not scooping out some chiuaua poop.

Ya. No me estoy haciendo entender contigo. No lo veo degradante para nada. Perdona el malentendido.