Gas prices soar to record in Dominican Republic

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and as a bonus we also have an issue of paying for petrol with a credit card:
Estaciones no aceptaron tarjetas de Cardnet - DiarioLibre.com

as for petrol, jeremy clarkson said some time ago that it is dirt cheap: half of the price is taxes. the other 50% is to find it, dig it our, refine it and transport it all over the world. plus pay the salaries of everyone involved, insurances and other costs and hack up immense profit. the raw material must be worth pennies.
so think how all those petrol companies are f**king us all up...

Jan 9, 2004
Something will give: a revolution.

.....Actually, it will be the peso. As Danilo has increased taxes he is in fact slowing the economy. That should in theory strengthen the peso. But with prices rising on items beyond the control of the government, and the strengthening of the major world currencies, particularly the dollar, he will be forced to print more money and further devalue the peso.

The seeds are being sown for a run on the peso...not today...not tomorrow...but unless the ecomomy significantly improves in the next 6-12 months, expect the printing presses to run and the peso to decline at a faster pace than it is currently experiencing.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
.....Actually, it will be the peso. As Danilo has increased taxes he is in fact slowing the economy. That should in theory strengthen the peso. But with prices rising on items beyond the control of the government, and the strengthening of the major world currencies, particularly the dollar, he will be forced to print more money and further devalue the peso.

The seeds are being sown for a run on the peso...not today...not tomorrow...but unless the ecomomy significantly improves in the next 6-12 months, expect the printing presses to run and the peso to decline at a faster pace than it is currently experiencing.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Do I hear 50 to 1, U.S by this time next year ??

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Opinions vary, I don't see this happening but we shall see. I just don't see the economy
significantly improving. Instead I see a steady decline.

I do expect the peso to decline at a faster rate as you stated.