Gasoline scam?

JanH

Dec 26, 2002
I'm glad to highly recommend Coastal and good that this very public forum will help increase his business. There have been other threads about Coastal in the cleanliness of his store, helpful employees, and high quality deli products.

We never get our gas anywhere but Coastal.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hmmmm

Wales said:
Marco : Sorry, you are wrong, I spoke to Scott today on his cellular and he said you are always right.. O Centigrade is 32 F...... 5 centigrade is 41 F .....9 F is well below freezing. Not that it matters in DR but it is always divide by five multiply by nine add 32. To do the reverse Minus 32 divide by nine multiply by 5. ie 212F boiling in F. Minus 32 = 180 divide by nine = 20 multiply by 5 = 100 C boiling point. It works always. Sorry again

ENGLISH TWIT
I spoke to Scott and he told ne you were a pretty bright dude, but you ain't catching on.
You just repeated what I already said.
The confusion lies in the following.
When you are talking about a temperature DIFFERENCE, the plus 32 rule does not apply.
Quite obviously if the temperature goes up 5 degree Celcius, you wouldn't use your formula, otherwise you would come up with 41 Farenheit.
So.... If the temperature changes by 5 degrees Celcius, it would be equivalent to 9 Farenheit, 10 would be 18, 15 would be 27 and as in the original post, 18 would be approx. 32.
I hope I explained it better this time.
And yes, Scott is right, I'm usually always right most of the time, if all goes well.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Rocky, You are absolutely correct. My original post should have read 32 instead of 64 degrees Farenheit.

Wales

English Twit!
May 21, 2004
Difference

Rocky said:
I spoke to Scott and he told ne you were a pretty bright dude, but you ain't catching on.
You just repeated what I already said.
The confusion lies in the following.
When you are talking about a temperature DIFFERENCE, the plus 32 rule does not apply.
Quite obviously if the temperature goes up 5 degree Celcius, you wouldn't use your formula, otherwise you would come up with 41 Farenheit.
So.... If the temperature changes by 5 degrees Celcius, it would be equivalent to 9 Farenheit, 10 would be 18, 15 would be 27 and as in the original post, 18 would be approx. 32.
I hope I explained it better this time.
And yes, Scott is right, I'm usually always right most of the time, if all goes well.
Apologies. I misread your post, 5 c DIFFERENCE is indeed 9 f.

Brian

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Wales said:
Apologies. I misread your post, 5 c DIFFERENCE is indeed 9 f.

Brian
Aye, no apologies needed.
Apart from a lot of fun, a lot has been learned here.
A) Gas stations scam us on a daily basis.
B) The Coastal gas station near Sosua "rocks".
C) It's probably cheaper to gas up in the morning than in mid day.
D) How to convert Celcius/Centigrade to Farenheit.
E) Escott's the man to go to for opinions.
F) Simon was once wrong when he thought he was wrong, 'cause he was right, so he was wrong.