Gated Communities

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
El Choco Villas

For those of you familiar with El Choco Villas....I looked at their website and could not determine if they had air conditioning...I also sent an e-mail and the e-mail was returned --box full---

any of you folks know if they have A/C?...I am looking for a 1-2 week rental in July....

thanks in advance

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Just curious..

Know anything about Star Hills? In beyween Playa Dorado and the y for Sosua Santiago.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Rattus_Rattus said:
I have a friend who lives there, he likes it- its clean and well functioning.
Thanks. Anything available, prices? Never see anything advertised nor see written about it.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Hec

RandyE said:
Thanks. Anything available, prices? Never see anything advertised nor see written about it.

If you are talking about rentals in Haciendas el choco, check thier web site www.elchoco.com All of their rentals are handled by the office there. On the web site there is a page with rental information.

Bob K

palmiche

Mar 26, 2005
RandyE said:

There is an abandoned hotel that they have tried to sale it as condos for a few years. Be aware of soil quality since that area is known to have very bad soil. You're also in between nowhere.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
palmiche said:
There is an abandoned hotel that they have tried to sale it as condos for a few years. Be aware of soil quality since that area is known to have very bad soil. You're also in between nowhere.
To be honest, I think it's a great location on the main highway- 5min to POP city, 5min to the airport. Was just curious as to why nothing is ever mentioned about it when speaking of gated communities, and haven't seen anything on websites for sale. Well run? Amenities? LUZ? Guess nobody from the board lives there.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
palmiche said:
What do you mean by "very bad soil"?

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
hugh said:
Hello all,

It's been nearly 20 years (I'm 42) since I've lived in D.R. Does anyone know of any gated communities on the island? If so, please supply the name (if you know it) and the location (town or city name will suffice!).

If this has been discussed previously, please refer me to the other thread.

Thank you in advance.

Hugh

Ok, what have I missed, noboby had mnentioned Casa Linda, which is not far from El Choko and still a very nice gated community where you do not have to pay an arm and a leg for your accommodation inrental or bying.

Don't get me wrong, nothing compares with the magnificent homes of the Sea Horse Ranch, but I would never pay the prices for El Choko , especially being where they are. Just my opinion.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
sunnyvillas said:
Ok, what have I missed, noboby had mnentioned Casa Linda, which is not far from El Choko and still a very nice gated community where you do not have to pay an arm and a leg for your accommodation inrental or bying.

Don't get me wrong, nothing compares with the magnificent homes of the Sea Horse Ranch, but I would never pay the prices for El Choko , especially being where they are. Just my opinion.
What is wrong with the prices in El Choco? What is wrong with the location?

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Land prices in Haciendas El Choco are a bargain for the high quality of the community. Where else can you buy land in a luxury gated community for as little as 9 dollars a sq mtr. Rimma have you seen the community? I think if you visit the place you will see it is actually under valued.

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
wayne said:
Land prices in Haciendas El Choco are a bargain for the high quality of the community. Where else can you buy land in a luxury gated community for as little as 9 dollars a sq mtr. Rimma have you seen the community? I think if you visit the place you will see it is actually under valued.

Ok, don't get me wrong please!!!!!.
There is nothing wrong with the location or the prices. All I was saying, that I saw the prices and they are close to million mark. At this point, if I would have that time of dow, I would buy at the Sea Horse, being on the water.
I will be in Sosua from June 30 to July 21 and will definately make a point of going there and may be even adding them to our rental properties for the future ;) One never knows:)))

Does anyone wants to get together for a Presidente or Barcello one of those days??? Would love to meet you guys in person!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
sunnyvillas said:
Ok, don't get me wrong please!!!!!.
There is nothing wrong with the location or the prices. All I was saying, that I saw the prices and they are close to million mark. At this point, if I would have that time of dow, I would buy at the Sea Horse, being on the water.
I will be in Sosua from June 30 to July 21 and will definately make a point of going there and may be even adding them to our rental properties for the future ;) One never knows:)))

Does anyone wants to get together for a Presidente or Barcello one of those days??? Would love to meet you guys in person!
No Rima, you have it wrong. NOT CLOSE TO A MILLION but SEVERAL Million dollars for a house. Sea Horse Ranch has very few ocean front homes by the way. Evidently you haven't been to Haciendas El Choco and I question why you would comment on it. Lots at Sea Horse are tiny in comparison to Haciendas El Choco. I am not knocking Sea Horse and it is a very sucessful well run community but so is H. E. C.. By the way you won't get in to H.E.C. without being taken in there no matter what you did.

What I found funny is that you thought so much of Casa Linda and not much of Haciendas El Choco. Now that was funny.

Scott

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
Escott said:
No Rima, you have it wrong. NOT CLOSE TO A MILLION but SEVERAL Million dollars for a house. Sea Horse Ranch has very few ocean front homes by the way. Evidently you haven't been to Haciendas El Choco and I question why you would comment on it. Lots at Sea Horse are tiny in comparison to Haciendas El Choco. I am not knocking Sea Horse and it is a very sucessful well run community but so is H. E. C.. By the way you won't get in to H.E.C. without being taken in there no matter what you did.

What I found funny is that you thought so much of Casa Linda and not much of Haciendas El Choco. Now that was funny.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Actually, I spoke to Carma Rae and she just sold a house at the SHR for 1 million only, see , just a bargain:))) You are right, I haven't been to El Choco for years now and I hope to see it this time around.

Didn't quite understand what you mean by " What I found funny is that you thought so much of Casa Linda and not much of Haciendas El Choco. Now that was funny. Care to explain...LOL
Talk to you soon and if you are in DR in July , lets have a drink or 3:))

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
sunnyvillas said:
Hi Scott,

Actually, I spoke to Carma Rae and she just sold a house at the SHR for 1 million only, see , just a bargain:))) You are right, I haven't been to El Choco for years now and I hope to see it this time around.

Didn't quite understand what you mean by " What I found funny is that you thought so much of Casa Linda and not much of Haciendas El Choco. Now that was funny. Care to explain...LOL
Talk to you soon and if you are in DR in July , lets have a drink or 3:))
No Rima, I was talking about Haciendas El Choco. Homes there go to SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS not close to a million. There are homes in SHR for 500k and up.

You said you thought Casa Linda needed mentioning but felt that Haciendas El Choco was over priced and wouldnt buy there but at SHR. Saying Casa Linda and Haciendas El Choco in the same breath is blastphamy! I should be around and I would love to have a drink with you.

Escott