Gated Communities

Exodusbywind

Jun 25, 2022
Pennsylvania
Eating out of bowls will work when you are there to watch them.
Middle of the night and a big chunk of bologna or hamburger is a different thing.
Other issue is if you have more than one dog the first one to discover the poisonous treat will gobble it down so the other one does not get it.
The nature of the beast.
I wish there was a sure fire way to stop the poisoning of dogs but Dominicans" in general" do not value dogs.
If your dogs are poisoned here its because of excessive barking, killing neighbors chickens, cats, or you are targeted for burglary.
A dog trained from a pup can be trained to eat from its bowl only. My dogs will not eat anything of the ground, if I'm present or not. Bowl only. As for as chickens go I've kept a small flock 8 or so never a problem with disease or flies they free range. Just fresh water they mostly fend for themselves.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Eating out of bowls will work when you are there to watch them.
Middle of the night and a big chunk of bologna or hamburger is a different thing.
Other issue is if you have more than one dog the first one to discover the poisonous treat will gobble it down so the other one does not get it.
The nature of the beast.
I wish there was a sure fire way to stop the poisoning of dogs but Dominicans" in general" do not value dogs.
If your dogs are poisoned here its because of excessive barking, killing neighbors chickens, cats, or you are targeted for burglary.
Well on the list the only thing that would be the barking, and no none of the neighbours did it. They all liked the dogs, and liked that they barked at strangers.
They are great company. I've always had them, we have 4 now.
This girl will be one replacement, but she wont be on the street.
20220626_163629.jpg

Attachments

• 20220626_163629.jpg
    20220626_163629.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 98
Reactions: JD Jones

Exodusbywind

Jun 25, 2022
Pennsylvania
Well on the list the only thing that would be the barking, and no none of the neighbours did it. They all liked the dogs, and liked that they barked at strangers.

This girl will be one replacement, but she wont be on the street.View attachment 5934
She is a cute one. Did you name her? I understand street dogs are less prone to sickness compared to pure breds. Street dogs at that age, how are they at training?

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Are proper guards contracted monthly or yearly? Are they bonded in any way? Without getting to personal what are their salaries?

One place I live has 7 guards at night. They do get sleep breaks but they take this in turns, and they have one person constantly monitoring cameras. They are all employees of the residencial, not a third party company. They get RD$ 26,000 per month, I believe, but this is based on a 5 x 12 hour shift week.

Exodusbywind

Jun 25, 2022
Pennsylvania
One place I live has 7 guards at night. They do get sleep breaks but they take this in turns, and they have one person constantly monitoring cameras. They are all employees of the residencial, not a third party company. They get RD$ 26,000 per month, I believe, but this is based on a 5 x 12 hour shift week.
When you say Residencial is similar to HOA? Their salaries come from the residence.