Gated Communities

Exodusbywind

Jun 25, 2022
Pennsylvania
Hi, to anyone living or know someone who is living in a gated community. More specifically in the Las Galeras area. Are vegetable gardens aloud in these types of communities? Nothing to large just for personal consumption. Along with a few hens? As a side note are gated communities really that much safer? Or is it just a false sense of security? Thanks in advance for any help. Exodus.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Hi, to anyone living or know someone who is living in a gated community. More specifically in the Las Galeras area. Are vegetable gardens aloud in these types of communities? Nothing to large just for personal consumption. Along with a few hens? As a side note are gated communities really that much safer? Or is it just a false sense of security? Thanks in advance for any help. Exodus.
False sense of security.
The nicer the community the bigger the target. Dress down, blend in and enjoy everything this wonderful country has to offer.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Fascinating and curious at the same time. Gated communities in Las Galeras? Have you been there?

Reactions: MariaRubia

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
The gated community would need 30 foot walls around the entire perimeter with only one entrance. And have guards that don’t sleep on the job. Ain’t gonna happen. I agree w/post #2.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
I do not think there are any gated communities in Las Galeras. If anything is walled in and gated it is just someone’s personal residence that they decided to surround with a wall and maybe some barbed wire. If that is what you are referring to then no there are no local zoning laws or ordinances regulating gardens and a few chickens. Most people have a few fruit trees and I assume there are some veggies in there somewhere if they are year-round residents or have a gardener.

Reactions: CristoRey

Exodusbywind

Jun 25, 2022
Pennsylvania
I do not think there are any gated communities in Las Galeras. If anything is walled in and gated it is just someone’s personal residence that they decided to surround with a wall and maybe some barbed wire. If that is what you are referring to then no there are no local zoning laws or ordinances regulating gardens and a few chickens. Most people have a few fruit trees and I assume there are some veggies in there somewhere if they are year-round residents or have a gardener.
Thank you reilleyp I should have been not so specific as directly in Las Galeras just in the general area.

Exodusbywind

Jun 25, 2022
Pennsylvania
Chickens? Seriously eggs are expensive but I don't like then enough to put up with filthy chickens and their excrement
We keep chickens where we are at now stric
Chickens? Seriously eggs are expensive but I don't like then enough to put up with filthy chickens and their excrement
We keep chickens where we live now. Just for the eggs. They free range and get all our food scraps nothing goes to waste. Very easy to keep.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Trained K9's are necessary... just good dogs

Certainly live-in help is good

I have someone here 24/7/365

Night watchman 6-6 and day man 6-6....one night/one day
Woman cleans every day 1/2 day

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
If you're going to have K9's it's a wise idea to teach them not to eat things thrown to them over the fence. I lost 3 like that, and got robbed a few days later.

The dogs were a bigger loss than the crap they stole.