Gazpacho.

franco

New member
Nov 5, 2003
144
0
0
Hello,

Does anybody know a restaurant in Santo Domingo with good gazpacho soup? I've checked a couple of spanish restaurants, but they don't have it at all... :-(

I've also heard about some russian or ukrainian restaurant/cafe in Santo Domingo, is it true? I saw a couple of yugoslavian restaurants and one restaurant in the Colonial Zone owned by russian, but it have nothing to do with russian cuisine.

Thank you,
Franco.
 

palmiche

New member
Mar 26, 2005
46
0
0
franco said:
Hello,

Does anybody know a restaurant in Santo Domingo with good gazpacho soup? I've checked a couple of spanish restaurants, but they don't have it at all... :-(

I've also heard about some russian or ukrainian restaurant/cafe in Santo Domingo, is it true? I saw a couple of yugoslavian restaurants and one restaurant in the Colonial Zone owned by russian, but it have nothing to do with russian cuisine.

Thank you,
Franco.
Try at the Jaragua hotel!

You can also fly to Spain which has plenty of it in Andalucia.
 

Chirimoya

Moderator
Dec 9, 2002
17,566
604
113
I'd never order gazpacho in a restaurant, they put all the leftover salad in it. Homemade is the only way, and it's dead easy. Send me a PM if you'd like a recipe!

Having said that, there are several Spanish restaurants that have it on the menu.

Russian/Ukrainian? Not that I've noticed anyway.
 

expatsooner

New member
Aug 7, 2004
712
10
0
A friend of mine just had it at Rita's cafe down in the colonial zone. It is about four places away from the place the DR1 get together was held Saturday. (you can look at that thread for directions, and a bit of soap opra type drama at the current time :classic: ) He really liked it.
 

franco

New member
Nov 5, 2003
144
0
0
palmiche said:
Try at the Jaragua hotel!

You can also fly to Spain which has plenty of it in Andalucia.
Well...I just came back from Madrid, I went to my favorite restaurant there - El Chafl?n, it have a Michelin Star, this place is really famous in Europe and they have the world's best gazpacho.
 

franco

New member
Nov 5, 2003
144
0
0
expatsooner said:
A friend of mine just had it at Rita's cafe down in the colonial zone. It is about four places away from the place the DR1 get together was held Saturday. (you can look at that thread for directions, and a bit of soap opra type drama at the current time :classic: ) He really liked it.
I will try it, thank you!
 

franco

New member
Nov 5, 2003
144
0
0
Chirimoya said:
I'd never order gazpacho in a restaurant, they put all the leftover salad in it. Homemade is the only way, and it's dead easy. Send me a PM if you'd like a recipe!

Having said that, there are several Spanish restaurants that have it on the menu.

Russian/Ukrainian? Not that I've noticed anyway.
The problem is that I have too many recipes of gazpacho from google and now I will have to try them all to find the best one. Some of them are completely different. I even like the one they have in the Admiral's Club in Madrid Airport (in a juice packages).