George Menezes-Missing in Boca Chica

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Did you find anything about the guy who's been missing from the BoatHouse for a fair few months now?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
do you have a name or any more on that story? i can run a quick check in dominican media.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Look at the BoatHouse FB page, there's been a regular notice up for anyone who may have seen him for quite a long time.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Been missing since early September. No sign or word. I think people are fearing the worst.

Lizzard

Sep 11, 2006
I was wondering myself about this man...... as I always go to the Boat House while in Boca Chica. As soon as I saw the photo of this man I recognized him....... Very long time to be missing without a word :(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
check posts on FB page i linked (you'd have to go back to august). his daughter posted there and she is very worried. one would expect that he would at least informed the family about his whereabouts. there are also posts from his friends and patrons of a bar/restaurant he frequented. in one post they mentioned he said he as going to santiago.

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
George or ((penquin)) as some of us called him ran the Bella Vista Condos just a couple of blocks north
of Las Americas stoplight for several years. I rented for a couple of years and was always treated
fairly. I'm here in Boca Chica for a few more days - seems no one has any updates as to his
where-abouts - including the US Embassy? What I have heard second-hand is that George was
interested in a vehicle purchase around Santiago; some personal effects showed up where they
should NOT have...I fear foul play, George was "slipping" a bit but would never have taken off for
the home country without alerting some of his closer friends. Keep the pressure on the embassy!!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I think we know he didn't go home, his family are missing him so.....................................

What's going on with his banking etc, surely this is the first thing the embassy will look at to see if he is still withdrawing. If he's not been home and not using his bank accounts then it doesn't look good.

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
A recent response from the embassy is copied below; keep the pressure
on - privacy issues be damned!!!
Good morning, Mr. XXXXXXXXXXXXX,

Please be advised that the corresponding is aware of the case. The Dominican authorities are also aware of the situation and are working on the case.
Due to the Privacy Act in the U.S. we are limited in the details we may provide to third parties.

Kind regards/Saludos cordiales,

PJU
Consular Communication Unit (CCU)
Embassy of the United States
Santo Domingo
Bureau of Consular Affairs, ensuring "Secure Borders, Open Doors"

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
I sent another query to the embassy, no response. Anyone else working George's disappearance?
Diana Braunschweig
Vice Consul, American Citizen Services
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo
*:BraunschweigDFE@state.gov[/B] | :: http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov
:) Office (809) 567-7775, ext. 7117 | Mobile (829) 259-3285

STATE SEAL

banzai

Aug 16, 2013
I did receive the following = I would think that the family and consulate would want information brought to the forefront unless there is something shady about George's disappearance?

Thank you for reaching out to us again about your missing friend George Menezes. We are in regular contact with his daughter Lynda as well as other interested parties. Unfortunately, there are no new leads of any kind as we head out of the first month of the New Year. In addition, as I stated previously, we cannot share additional information with unrelated parties, but please rest assured we continue our efforts on behalf of Mr. Menezes and his concerned family members.

At the end of this month, I will be leaving the American Citizens Services section at U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo. After that time, if you wish to direct further inquiry, please use the following e-mail address: SDOAmericans@state.gov.

Regards,

Diana Braunschweig
Vice Consul, American Citizen Services
U.S. Embassy Santo Domingo
*: BraunschweigDFE@state.gov | :: http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov
:) Office (809) 567-7775, ext. 7117 | Mobile (829) 259-3285

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
here is a picture of george, from FB page mentioned before:

2zstb1h.jpg