German Shepherd dog needs home ....

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
I left it a few days before I posted this but my friend Roy found a German Shepherd puppy in Sosua that had been run over. It had a broken leg but it has been patched up and is looking for a new home.

Is the time right for someone who lost their dog over in Costambar to consider a replacement?

Last I heard it was at the vets just outside Sosua on the left hand side (heading to Cabarete) before you reach the Casa Linda turning.

Freefallfatty

Gone sailing!
Apr 20, 2009
Is it not a little unlikely that the dog will make a recovery if it has broken its leg. I do not know the vet in question but I suspect he hasn't had so much experience in pinning a dogs leg, and even less to do it for free as I presume, unless someone has coughed up quite a bill for a stray.
What exactly has happened, do you know it had a broken leg, and has it had surgery?
Dogs bones will not fuse together like human bones unless pinned, due to not being able to keep the bone inactive.
What exactly is the state of the dog?
I think it may be a little early for the lady who lost so much to consider another dog right now. Hopefully she will get her remaining dog back once she has had time to get herself together.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I think it may be a little early for the lady who lost so much to consider another dog right now. Hopefully she will get her remaining dog back once she has had time to get herself together.

Are you perhaps confusing the people that lost their GSD with the lady who lost 3 of her precious dogs?

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
german shepherd

Hi, I am the lady in question, but it was my husbands dog (to be fair), and I know he would love another dog - but not here and not now.
I have a chichaua called Tequila and she is the gymbar mascot, don't get me wrong - I loved Deefer more than you would believe, but he was my husbands dog, if had been Tequila I really don't know how I would feel.
Believe you me, I have thought about another dog for ffritz, but now is not the time and a german shepherd is not the dog. Please don't worry about putting this posting up, I know Dr Bob is a brilliant vet and the dog will be fine.
I hope he gets a good home soon.
By the way - we are off to the lawey tomorrow re the person who poisoned Deefer - I hope justice will prevail.
Thank you all for your kind words and help

P.S. We lost the german shepherd and our friend in the same building lost 3 of her dogs.
Louise

Last edited: