German tries to take over Playa Rogelio, Villa Magante in Gaspar Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In what sound familiar to the situation at Encuentro in Cabarete where access has been limited illegally by private owners of property near that beach, something similar is happening at Playa Rogelio in Villa Magante, Gaspar Hernandez:

Google translation:
For several months a German citizen with very good relations with diplomatic authorities of his country, has used his influence to limit the use of Playa Rogelio in Villa Magante, Gaspar Hernández, in front of a property that he recently bought and built a house, It is unusual to see how someone you do not know who has authorized the installation of a kind of mobile barracks of the Navy of our country, just to enforce that person's wishes (That no one park in front of their property or use the beach) , who arbitrarily avoid traffic even by placing an obstacle and when people demand an official with command of the word, but Cynical and a liar justifies his action, something that should never happen because that road and that beach has existed for decades. By watching the video you will understand the title

The video is on Facebook here:

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
Difficult for me to understand the video, but I have only recently discovered this beautiful beach. I hope it doesn't go the same way as Encuentro.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
If you can afford to build a beachfront house in Cab, you can afford to build a wall. So build a wall at the 60 meter mark and call it a day. You don't have to ruin your view, I've seen lots of houses in Cab with 4' high walls on the beach side. I'm guessing this guy is a maroon. What did he expect on a public beach?

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
If you can afford to build a beachfront house in Cab, you can afford to build a wall. So build a wall at the 60 meter mark and call it a day. You don't have to ruin your view, I've seen lots of houses in Cab with 4' high walls on the beach side. I'm guessing this guy is a maroon. What did he expect on a public beach?
A maroon? Like Robinson Crusoe or someone?

Reactions: ctrob

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
In what sound familiar to the situation at Encuentro in Cabarete where access has been limited illegally by private owners of property near that beach, something similar is happening at Playa Rogelio in Villa Magante, Gaspar Hernandez:

Google translation:
For several months a German citizen with very good relations with diplomatic authorities of his country, has used his influence to limit the use of Playa Rogelio in Villa Magante, Gaspar Hernández, in front of a property that he recently bought and built a house, It is unusual to see how someone you do not know who has authorized the installation of a kind of mobile barracks of the Navy of our country, just to enforce that person's wishes (That no one park in front of their property or use the beach) , who arbitrarily avoid traffic even by placing an obstacle and when people demand an official with command of the word, but Cynical and a liar justifies his action, something that should never happen because that road and that beach has existed for decades. By watching the video you will understand the title

I literally have no idea what the video has to do with the video comment. In the video, they are essentially arguing on where to park their cars. The PN officer is explaining that it's not allowed to park your car ON the beach, which to me is kind of logical. The crowd is arguing why it's ONLY enforced on that side of the beach and not on the ENTIRE beach. I can surely understand that it's kind of frustrating when the PN enforces the law halfway. However, they are not at any point discussing that they are not able to "use the beach" or at any point mentioning that it is because they would be parking in front of a private property, only that according to the law it's not allowed to park ON the beach. If there previously have been some issues with this "german citizen" using PN to refuse people to use the beach, then that isn't seen in that video. So to me, this is just evidence of the will to argue about basically irrelevant things. If you aren't allowed to park your car, okay, then move your car. Why do you have to argue about it?

Another thing.. I really love how even "journalists" can't spell "Para VENEFICIAR"..:ROFLMAO: some might be able to look up in a dictionary what "VENEFICIAR" means :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Yes Alfredo

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I literally have no idea what the video has to do with the video comment. In the video, they are essentially arguing on where to park their cars. The PN officer is explaining that it's not allowed to park your car ON the beach, which to me is kind of logical. The crowd is arguing why it's ONLY enforced on that side of the beach and not on the ENTIRE beach. I can surely understand that it's kind of frustrating when the PN enforces the law halfway. However, they are not at any point discussing that they are not able to "use the beach" or at any point mentioning that it is because they would be parking in front of a private property, only that according to the law it's not allowed to park ON the beach. If there previously have been some issues with this "german citizen" using PN to refuse people to use the beach, then that isn't seen in that video. So to me, this is just evidence of the will to argue about basically irrelevant things. If you aren't allowed to park your car, okay, then move your car. Why do you have to argue about it?

Another thing.. I really love how even "journalists" can't spell "Para VENEFICIAR"..:ROFLMAO: some might be able to look up in a dictionary what "VENEFICIAR" means :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I struggled to find any correlation as well. The PN was very respectfully informing them to not park on the beach. Nothing else.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
The point is, the german fellow, who bought a piece of land to where the casitas are and where the cars are allowed to park. It is a sandy path (I know the area well I was there several times a week when I lived there) and the jeepetas put their Music on at weekends, and the casitas as well. That is his complain. A bit stupid because hé knew on forehand were his land was.

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe

Google translation:

Thanks for the video but this has very little to do with the german/Rogelio case. This is about parking on the beach which you no longer are allowed to.

Reactions: windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As I thought I understood it, The German used his influence with the police and government officials to stop people from driving to the beach.
That is what I thought the Dominicans were complaining about. Otherwise they would not have used language like robbing Rogelio beach.

I could be wrong, but that as my interpretation of events.

So now , nobody can drive to that beach and park near the food vendors any more?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yep, doing the bidding of the German with money and his "connections" in government but with restraint. To me this action is little different than what has recently happened in Encuentro in Cabarete to limit public access to the beach at the behest of people with money. But I could be wrong about what this google translation says:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: Yes Alfredo
Status
Not open for further replies.