Get the Covid-19 jab, you will be allowed to board public transport

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Daniel-Rivera-Diario-Libre.jpg

Public Health Minister Daniel Rivera says that those who get their first dose of Covid-19 vaccine in October will be allowed to board public transport or workplaces. Resolution #048 of the Ministry of Public Health had ordered that two doses be necessary to board the Metro and Omsa buses as of 18 October 2021.

Likewise, Dr. Daniel Rivera said that around 1,200 Ministry of Public Health inspectors that will be checking for the fulfillment of the measures cannot close down businesses that do not comply with the requirement to check that their customers have vaccination cards. The businesses are requested to check for people to be fully vaccinated to enter.

“They have to let in people who are with their first dose. This is a measure of celebration, not punishment. We have to make people feel confident with the vaccination,” said the Minister during the Wednesday, 13 October press...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Several prominent people are speaking out and questioning whether or not these mandates are even legal?
Apparently if we are no longer under a state of emergency the ministry of health has zero legal authority (according to their constitution) to issue a mandate such as this one.
- It's their country so I'll follow their rules and jump thru the hoops but I won't be surprised if Dominicans start challenging this mandate.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Several prominent people are speaking out and questioning whether or not these mandates are even legal?
Apparently if we are no longer under a state of emergency the ministry of health has zero legal authority (according to their constitution) to issue a mandate such as this one.
- It's their country so I'll follow their rules and jump thru the hoops but I won't be surprised if Dominicans start challenging this mandate.
My guess is that many Dominicans don’t find it practical but that a majority is for vaccinations. Maybe next thing could be that you can’t renew your various paperwork like residency, cedula, driver’s license without having your vaccination card.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My guess is that many Dominicans don’t find it practical but that a majority is for vaccinations. Maybe next thing could be that you can’t renew your various paperwork like residency, cedula, driver’s license without having your vaccination card.
Next? It is here already. How can you renew without entering a Government building? You won't get in one without the proper credentials Monday.................................

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Next? It is here already. How can you renew without entering a Government building. You won't get in one without the proper credentials Monday.................................
Haha. True. I have started the process of renewing my recidencia from my Iphone lol but at some point I will need to go to immigration and I will have to do medical and deal with other documents at authorities and for sure will have to show my vaccination card.