getting driver license in DR

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Waste of time trying verifying a foreign license.

This process... driv license - is the simplest of RD processes

Reactions: tht

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
A blind man can go to any driving school, pay the fee and get a license..................

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
A blind man can go to any driving school, pay the fee and get a license..................

That's good that they don't discriminate against the sight impaired as they do in some other countries.

Reactions: SKY

csteinwand

May 11, 2020
Puerto Plata
i am in the process of getting my license. i had to get a certified copy of my driving history report, and then have that apostilled. will have translated by my lawyer here in the dr

erod

Apr 9, 2017
erod, do you have a Dominican Cedula , as in being a legal resident in the DR?

(Others are correct in stating you cannot use a US license to get a DR license. You have to just go through the procedure here. )
hi, yes i have a dominican cedula. i will go through the procedure of taking the test etc. For some reason I thought i could just go there and swap my usa license for a dominican one without taking any test. thanks everybody for your response. i really appreciate it

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I was looking for a driving instructor recently for my mujer. I was told 7000 pesos for the license all in. No need for a test, instructions or to show up for anything. Just go and provide a blood test.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
My experience was sort of like that - a few yrs ago

I had to take the test - but I had an 'assistant' w/ me..... no road test

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I never took a road test. My first license was "purchased in Santo Domingo" and renewed several times in Puerto Plata before it was found to never be in the system. Oh my.

So then I just took the video test, which I failed the first time because of the accent of the questioner which I could not quite understand.

Dealing with the people in Puerto Plata is actually a pleasure. They are very nice unlike the people in US motor vehicle offices.

There should be no problem for the OP to get a DR license.