GETTING MY DOMINICAN RESCUE DOG BACK TO USA

US CITIZENS (only) WITH ANIMALS....are you finding any airlines that will still take your animal on the plane back home to the USA? I got my Charlie here and now I am having a hard time finding an airline that will still allow ESA's (Emotional Support Animals) for our flight back to the USA. Our papers are LEGAL....not "purchased" from a website. I can't leave my baby here!! HELP! Please no "guesses"; just facts.
THANK YOU!

Too many people did ESA so no more on many American Airlines. I don't know any more in the DR that will do the ESA leaving to the US.
My friend now has the trained service animal status to fly hers so i would suggest looking into that, she used to use ESA....or you can get your dog shipped via a dog shipping company my other friend just did that to get her dog out of the DR to the US. it was $2000us but good deal imo for what they did.

Reactions: sylviamcginnis

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
i flew with my dog a registered ESA in December last with JetBlue....going to Santo Domingo and returning to the USA ...zero problems

i flew with my dog a registered ESA in December last with JetBlue....going to Santo Domingo and returning to the USA ...zero problems
It is no longer allowed.

American, Delta, United, JetBlue, Spirit, Alaska and Frontier are among the carriers that have said they will no longer allow emotional support animals. ... American says only trained service animals can fly in the cabin starting Feb. 1, while United will stop letting emotional support animals fly after Feb. 28.

Reactions: melphis and kjt96
Too many people did ESA so no more on many American Airlines. I don't know any more in the DR that will do the ESA leaving to the US.
My friend now has the trained service animal status to fly hers so i would suggest looking into that, she used to use ESA....or you can get your dog shipped via a dog shipping company my other friend just did that to get her dog out of the DR to the US. it was $2000us but good deal imo for what they did.
How did your friend get the "service animal" status?

amordecanada

Jul 19, 2014
My friend just had her dog flown from Punta Cana to Miami then onto Philadelphia. She used a pet shipping company from here. They were awesome. They picked the dog up at my residence in Sosua, drove her to Santo Domingo where she spent the night. The next day she was taken to PUJ and flew to miami. Then she spent the night in a "doggy hotel" and was again put into cargo to Philly. It went smoothly and she was well care for. The people from the pet shippers were awesome and kept me informed of the dogs welfare all thru the trip. If i can figure out how to upload an image...i will post their information

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
My friend just had her dog flown from Punta Cana to Miami then onto Philadelphia. She used a pet shipping company from here. They were awesome. They picked the dog up at my residence in Sosua, drove her to Santo Domingo where she spent the night. The next day she was taken to PUJ and flew to miami. Then she spent the night in a "doggy hotel" and was again put into cargo to Philly. It went smoothly and she was well care for. The people from the pet shippers were awesome and kept me informed of the dogs welfare all thru the trip. If i can figure out how to upload an image...i will post their information
And this costs how much to do?

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
i was advised by an air stewardess to never put a dog underneath ......she said the amount of dogs they lose and that die is unreal

• Sad
Reactions: kjt96

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Used to do it all the time......last in - first out.... those kennels
Never a problem

As for flying - my friend goes to Canada- WestJet
Not possible these days for Americans

Reactions: kjt96

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
It is no longer allowed.

American, Delta, United, JetBlue, Spirit, Alaska and Frontier are among the carriers that have said they will no longer allow emotional support animals. ... American says only trained service animals can fly in the cabin starting Feb. 1, while United will stop letting emotional support animals fly after Feb. 28.
Thank God. I wonder if it was the mini horse or the chicken that finally got ESA's banned.
I have always been of the belief that if a person is too emotional to fly, they should probably stay home.

Reactions: Gadfly and windeguy