Girl in D.R.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
nothing messed up,
such happens on the Isle every week.
even illegal, also the religious families girlies do abotions, they just don't let anybody know about that.
the OP counts as a simple tourist for fun the same way any other does, 4-5 visits per year for fun in the sun, it doesn't matter what color shows the skin, and it doesn't matter that the parents are dominicans, he's a american tourist who had 4-5 times a year fun with the often same Lad, nothing special on such, she got pregnant from him(such can happen even when using a Condom) or she got pregnant from somebody else but knows that from the somebody else is not much assistance to expect, such would neither be a rare appearance here. leave the authorities out of this, it runs just costy, send her to an DNA test before birth(can be done when pregnancy runs since 3 months) and make the deal with her and the Doc that if you are the father you pay that test, if not it's her to get the bucks from the real father in case she know's him, otherwise it's her bill. with dominican parents you should have the needed small connections/family to get that arranged down here without the need that you come over yourself.
i wonder that the son of dominican parents who visits the Island 4-5 times a year even needs this bord to get the info on such simple case.
happy sunday
Mike

Importatlanta

Jul 18, 2007
nothing messed up,
such happens on the Isle every week.
even illegal, also the religious families girlies do abotions, they just don't let anybody know about that.
the OP counts as a simple tourist for fun the same way any other does, 4-5 visits per year for fun in the sun, it doesn't matter what color shows the skin, and it doesn't matter that the parents are dominicans, he's a american tourist who had 4-5 times a year fun with the often same Lad, nothing special on such, she got pregnant from him(such can happen even when using a Condom) or she got pregnant from somebody else but knows that from the somebody else is not much assistance to expect, such would neither be a rare appearance here. leave the authorities out of this, it runs just costy, send her to an DNA test before birth(can be done when pregnancy runs since 3 months) and make the deal with her and the Doc that if you are the father you pay that test, if not it's her to get the bucks from the real father in case she know's him, otherwise it's her bill. with dominican parents you should have the needed small connections/family to get that arranged down here without the need that you come over yourself.
i wonder that the son of dominican parents who visits the Island 4-5 times a year even needs this bord to get the info on such simple case.
happy sunday
Mike

Maybe I just dont want anyone involved? If you so know so much or think you do, you would understand you trust no one in D.R.

And yes, I have dominican parents and right now don't feel like talking with them about it. Believe me, I rather be involved personally with the situation but cant be there to long.

And why post on this Board ? I thought thats what it was for ?

To ask D.R. involved questions.....

Denver303

Apr 3, 2009
The current DR Presidential Cabinet in conjunction with the US’s Department of Tourism have created a joint task force for dealing with this exact dilemma. The Culpability of Expat Tourists Agency or CETA. It seems both governments are fed up with the scenario you face.

A friend of mine was recently in the same predicament as you. A woman in the DR was accusing him of getting her pregnant, because he was stupid enough to have sex without protection. He also knew that he wanted nothing to do with her after the deed, and he was stupid enough to give her his number and email address in the US.

Anyway, since most Dominicans know about this new task force, she called her local police and gave her story. They contacted CETA, who, used the phone number of my friend to trace him to his home and place of business. This CETA is a federal agency, so you can imagine what it looked like when they showed up at my friend’s job with paper’s to serve. Guns, dogs, sunglasses, the whole nine yards.

So my friend shows up in Federal Court, and the judge throws the book at him for being so arrogant and irresponsible in another country and for being an extremely poor ambassador and representative of his country. Bla bla bla and so on.

So now he needs to pay for all the prenatal care of this woman and all expenses for the hospitalization etc. His lawyers tried to get a paternity test first, but that can’t be done until the baby is born. So for now he is already in the hole about 7k with lawyer fees and paying for prenatal care etc.

The worst part is, if it turns out the baby is not his, he will never be able to recoup that money from the mother. She will just fade into the population.

I hate to say it, but you’re screwed. You should’ve used your head.
There is no US Department of Tourism. The US State Department website states these two countries do not have an agreement on this subject. That means you have to work it out between yourselves.

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
There is no US Department of Tourism. The US State Department website states these two countries do not have an agreement on this subject. That means you have to work it out between yourselves.

Yeah Party Pooper. Thant's right!!! There isn't such a thing between the two governments. It was an April Fool's gag.

I was really trying to scare the hell out of this arrogant little knucklehead. I hope I did, at least for a little while, so he can reflect on his actions, his attitude and his effects of others.

Reactions: Celt202

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Re: abortion in the DR

Just for the record- abortion in the DR is illegal in Any and ALL circumstances including threat to a mother's life, incest and rape.

While the proceedure is done here, both the doctor and the woman involved are risking criminal prosecution.

I have a friend who had one performed here - by a top end ObGYN - and it was down without much anesthesia, and with a great deal of pain. Luckily, she does not want any more children.

I shudder to think of what the consequences are of such procedures for poorer women.

There was a slogan in the States:"If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacred right."

Sadly for many women here in the DR, the "birth by child supporting gringo" method of birth control is widely used.

I wonder why there has never been a birth control pill for men? Like Norplant? Something that might mess with your hormonal levels, your increased risk of blood clots and cancer?

just musing.

Last edited:
Reactions: MikeFisher

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Sensible men that have made the decision to not have anymore children get a vasectomy. End of story.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Just for the record- abortion in the DR is illegal in Any and ALL circumstances including threat to a mother's life, incest and rape.

While the proceedure is done here, both the doctor and the woman involved are risking criminal prosecution.

I have a friend who had one performed here - by a top end ObGYN - and it was down without much anesthesia, and with a great deal of pain. Luckily, she does not want any more children.

I shudder to think of what the consequences are of such procedures for poorer women.

There was a slogan in the States:"If men could get pregnant, abortion would be a sacred right."

Sadly for many women here in the DR, the "birth by child supporting gringo" method of birth control is widely used.

I wonder why there has never been a birth control pill for men? Like Norplant? Something that might mess with your hormonal levels, your increased risk of blood clots and cancer?

just musing.

hi Annie,
there are birth control methods for men, and such is not even something very new, i had a plantant under the skin myself many many many years ago when i was young. that been a method done by swedish doctors, back in the day been not legal in germany, but done, don't know about the rules/laws today.

Yeah Party Pooper. Thant's right!!! There isn't such a thing between the two governments. It was an April Fool's gag.

I was really trying to scare the hell out of this arrogant little knucklehead. I hope I did, at least for a little while, so he can reflect on his actions, his attitude and his effects of others.

hey Toober,
i really like that one, woooaahahaha

happy easter week everybody
Mike

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
First thing I would suggest is getting your ass back down there and performing a FEW pregnancy tests on her yourself. She could also be lying to try and get some money out of you. Just the fact that you have known her for years doesn't mean her situation hasn't changed. Someone could also be influencing her to do this for money.

If she is pregnant then your going to have to wait it out 9 months somehow and get the DNA tests on the baby if this is the legal route. If its your kid its going to be up to you to help raise it!

Good luck!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Sensible men that have made the decision to not have anymore children get a vasectomy. End of story.

Heck no...I'm not messing with my junk.

...but there are other methods such as a "morning after pill" sold everywhere for about 200 pesos and effective up to 72 hours after the deed. There are different kinds...some are just a one pill thing and others the girl has to take one pill and then another smaller one 12 hours later.

Also if this is someone you see regularly have her take the shot every three months and you should be home free...

While women will have abortions in The DR most will not (Remember The DR is still a mostly catholic country) and they specially will not if the father is a foreigner (meaning potential visa eventually).

juant

May 9, 2012
Do some reserach here on DR1. Stories like this have been discussed before, and quite recently. People are tired of giving the same responses over and over, so yours is one with a twist.
I agree 100% with rubio_higuey. Do research here in DR1. I already discussed this issue before with another writer and I gave him my point of view and opinion.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
wtf dudes, this thread is more than 3 years old!

Not even close to a resurection record. Not even sure if this should have been in the Legal Forum to start with. Would have got much more replies in the Mars/Venus forum...........................