Glitches affect the start of online classes at the UASD

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019

Online classes were to begin on Monday, 21 September 2020. But the system didn’t work. The RD$234 million President Luis Abinader administration disbursed so the UASD could instate distance learning programs were not enough. Instead, students had to connect for class instructions via WhatsApp and email. Teachers also took to Zoom and Google Meet to reach the students while the UASD works out the system glitches.

The rector of the UASD, Emma Polanco had announced that 13,400 online classes. 3,125 teachers had received training for the courses. The UASD reported 187,000 students had registered for the semester, including 17,000 new students.

Read more in Spanish:Listin Diario...

[url=https://dr1.com/wordpress/2020/09/22/glitches-affect-the-start-of-online-classes-at-the-uasd/]Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Caonabo

ABOLISH THE CURFEW
Sep 27, 2017
Yes, this is the number one current worry/focus for many of my employees with children in colegios. While public schools are supposed to start in November, many private schools attempted to begin yesterday.
In my opinion, as stated previously, the administration should have waited for a January start date for all, utilizing the current period of time to observe other global examples, evaluate and implement the best methods moving forward.
You can not rush this upon people in 2 to 3 weeks based on ideas at the moment.
It is an impossible task. I believe, setting persons up for failure.
With failure, will come disappointment, followed by complacency.
And this nation has too much failure, disappointment, and complacency.

chico bill

Lobotomy Surgeon
May 6, 2016
This stupidity will be abandoned soon and I predict within one month students will be heading back to school as they should have been this month.
What is not needed is to make the education in DR worse than it already is, by 'experimenting'.

Reactions: Caonabo

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
This stupidity will be abandoned soon and I predict within one month students will be heading back to school as they should have been this month.
What is not needed is to make the education in DR worse than it already is, by 'experimenting'.
I predict in class learning, with safety protocols will be allowed in January. The amount of 4 to 6 year olds that virtual learning doesn't work for is enormous. Parents are already panicked about this.

Caonabo

ABOLISH THE CURFEW
Sep 27, 2017
I predict in class learning, with safety protocols will be allowed in January. The amount of 4 to 6 year olds that virtual learning doesn't work for is enormous. Parents are already panicked about this.
This is the sentiment of my employees with children over the last week. More so with the colegios which have attempted to start up for what it seems to be much needed government funding, as opposed to the public schools which have a little bit more workable space.
Each institiution is different.

chico bill

Lobotomy Surgeon
May 6, 2016
It will be before January. Now that the toque de queda has been increased to 9 PM more people will be working late. They need to be able to drop kids at school and go to work. It's how the systems function.
And you are so right and I don't think it's just young children, it is also children that don't have computer skills or equipment (laptops, tablets or internet) to make the online classes a reality.

Reactions: Caonabo